PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Picked up a tin of this last month. I have been wanting to try this. I enjoy Va/Per. However this to me is really not one. It’s absolutely fantastic. I will be smoking multiple bowls today out of my GBD super Q watching football. To me it’s sort of a unique blend. Not sure what I would call it, but who cares. I do find it has a nice nicotine hit. Burns cool, and the flavors change some.

Attachments

• AC60679D-3C3D-4FE7-9F45-F80E6A29E1B2.jpeg
    AC60679D-3C3D-4FE7-9F45-F80E6A29E1B2.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 13

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have an unopened well-aged tin of that somewhere in the stacks. Thank you for the recommendation. I think you moved it closer to a debut, in my glacial smoking routine.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I recently polished off a tin from 2015 and am currently working through a tin of HH Mature Virginia from the same year. Neither of these blends impressed me initially, but something clicked after a few bowls and now they are in my Top 25 all-time blends. I prefer the Acadian Perique to the Mature Virginia.

Good stuff.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Need to revisit. Definitely a kitchen sink blend. You would think that makes it devoid of its own character, but you'd be wrong. Mac Baren is one of those manufacturers where I smoke a bowl and wonder why I don't smoke it more often.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
I like it as well. Took a chance on a Pipes and Cigars order with their battle blend specials. They had HH Acadian Perique and RO Firestorm one tin each for $19.99

I love both so I ordered 5 of the battle special ? Praying for no issues...

creole

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2019
Has HH Acadian Perique In fact been discontinued? I thought I read that elsewhere on the forum.

Reactions: Casual

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Has HH Acadian Perique In fact been discontinued? I thought I read that elsewhere on the forum.
Yes, it has been discontinued.
And I was the one who posted about it.
Per replied to my email and said the sales were too low for them to continue with it and the needed to make room for newer blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.