PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Been a long time pipe admirer and only smoking for the last 3 years or so. Have fallen in love with it. Found this forum while seeking some help with a recent family gift. Will post to the Meerschaum pipe forum under pipe talk.
welcome from NE-Central Iowa!
what part of IL?

Mr.Mustachio

Lurker
Aug 19, 2020
IL
well welcome.. we have many members from your area.
Have you been to Iwan Ries? It's well worth the trip and hellacious parking.
Pre-Covid (such a common term these days) I worked in the city, so I went to Iwan and Ries pretty much twice a month and sat in the cigar lounge and drank with buddies there. Its one of our favorite past times. I also enjoy cigars (not as much as some of my other friends.) I have met some wonderful individuals over time at IR in the lounge. Probably most favorite winter activity.

Mr.Mustachio

Lurker
Aug 19, 2020
IL
Pre-Covid (such a common term these days) I worked in the city, so I went to Iwan and Ries pretty much twice a month and sat in the cigar lounge and drank with buddies there. Its one of our favorite past times. I also enjoy cigars (not as much as some of my other friends.) I have met some wonderful individuals over time at IR in the lounge. Probably most favorite winter activity.
Oh, if you go there, ask for Doug and tell him I sent you. :)

Reactions: BROBS

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Welcome, from Chicago.
Are you aware of the Chicago Pipe collectors Club? We have been meeting recently at the Arlington Pipe and Cigar Lounge, in Arlington Heights. We had also been meeting at 8to8 in Villa Park until the pandemic.
Contact our Secretary, Amu Torres, who also works at Arlington and has redesigned and expanded the pipes and tobaccos section of the store. Introduce yourself and tell her Dino sent you. amujtorres@gmail.com

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from a native of one of the bordering suburbs of Chicago, within walking distance of the outer boroughs. There used to be a good pipe shop, The Park Ridge Pipe Shop, with a pipe carver and amazing inventory, many years ago, just backing up the commuter line. Now from central N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.