PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Hey everyone my name is Tom and I live in S.W. Michigan. I started camping about 6 years ago and with all that relaxing and in general slower pace of life i decided to start puffing a pipe. That and watching antena tv and seeing all the fathers relaxing with their pipes inspired me. Im glad i did as it has given me great joy and a newer view of our fast paced lives. I puff a pipe every day while camping and a bowl or 2 at the end of each work week. I have tryed 30ish different tins of tobacco ranging from very sweet areo to Virginia and even a few English with only a few clinkers i didn't enjoy. I have found that i dont like very latakia heavy blends but other than that all is good. I seem to gravitate towards areos more with cult blood moon and mac barren vanilla custard being high on list. I also enjoy some G.L. Pease blends like telegraph hill, union square and even quiet nights being some favorites. I enjoy most things outside camping, hunting, fishing, hiking.... I have 7 pipes now a 2 peatersons, 2 P Jeppesens, a corn cob, a hand carved pipe by me and finally a imp meerschaum. I look forward to talking with you all and learning sooo much more.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, Tommy, and welcome aboard from central North Carolina. My family had a "summer farm," no running water or electricity, in Holton, Michigan, crossroads town just northeast of Muskegon, where I visited once or twice and camped for a week once. The house was still there, but rough, and was finally burnt down by vandals. Property sold to Christmas tree farmers. For me, memories of family stories linger -- the old horse Bill, and a milk cow, the family left with nearby farmers most of the year. The model T they bought when Old Bill died.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Hey, Tommy, and welcome aboard from central North Carolina. My family had a "summer farm," no running water or electricity, in Holton, Michigan, crossroads town just northeast of Muskegon, where I visited once or twice and camped for a week once. The house was still there, but rough, and was finally burnt down by vandals. Property sold to Christmas tree farmers. For me, memories of family stories linger -- the old horse Bill, and a milk cow, the family left with nearby farmers most of the year. The model T they bought when Old Bill died.
Nice to meet you. We have camped at Muskegon a few times now. Very nice campground with good fishing off the long peers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tommy, the boat from Chicago actually came in at Luddington, and we hitchhiked to Holton. The local dairy farmers remembered my family a little and were cordial. An elderly farm woman invited us down for pie and cold milk, and after our canned food, it was manna from heaven. She quieted us to hear the evening whippoorwill. Pretty nice. I loved the tiny crossroads town, but presume it is gone now, though it's still on the map.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Tommy, the boat from Chicago actually came in at Luddington, and we hitchhiked to Holton. The local dairy farmers remembered my family a little and were cordial. An elderly farm woman invited us down for pie and cold milk, and after our canned food, it was manna from heaven. She quieted us to hear the evening whippoorwill. Pretty nice. I loved the tiny crossroads town, but presume it is gone now, though it's still on the map.
Has been a good while sense i was through holton. Small town with a church and post office. Don't blink to long or you will miss most of it. Cant really recall much about it

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Thanks for all those who welcomed me to the site. Figured i have been reading stuff on here for a good while and with all this new found free time thanks to covid19 why not join.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.