PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
Hej from southern Sweden (which is still pretty damn far north)!

The snow has just melted, some migratory birds are beginning to show their beaks around these parts, the gravel on the streets — use to prevent accidents by slipping on the tightly packed snow — has begun to be swept away be eager caretakers, and each day gets a little bit brighter. While I'm sitting in my armchair, smoking a nice pipe of ready rubbed burley and listening to the howling wind telling me spring is hurrying to get in shape for the coming efflorescense.

I've been using tobacco for most of my adult life. Mainly cigarettes, but from time to time substituted by snus. I quit smoking cigarettes about a year ago, but missed the taste of tobacco immensely and figured pipes would do the trick.

And here we are now ...
EE3E0B22-5FB1-4136-ADAF-46BDE834BCC0.jpeg

(I have a few more pipes in my other rack)

Last edited:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Valkommen!

I’m sitting here in snowy muddy almost spring just waiting for Midsommar so we can have matjessill again with our Swedish friends. Our 2020 celebration wasn’t possible because of COVID. This year we are really looking forward to it!

Reactions: Sirengatto

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
Hi, welcome from Germany (only about 50 degrees north).

Is pipesmoking popular in Sweden?

Best, Stefan
Thanks!

I wouldn't say so. In the last decade I've only encountered one pipesmoker, oddly enough just the other day, right by my home. I'm excpeting more as the fumes from my pipes travels an even greater distance.

Reactions: Trainpipeman
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Welcome from neighboring Finland
as for popularity of pipesmoking in Scandinavian countries ,traditionally the first place where pipesmoking was and probably still is quite popular form of tobacco consuming is Denmark,second place goes to Sweden and 3th to Finland (unfortunately pipe smoking in these two countries Sweden/Finland has plummeted over the last decade but I have firm grounds to believe in Sweden pipesmoking is still more common+ Swedes have their own domestic blends still in production, which are being exported to Finland more than 60 years

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Thanks!

I wouldn't say so. In the last decade I've only encountered one pipesmoker, oddly enough just the other day, right by my home. I'm excpeting more as the fumes from my pipes travels an even greater distance.
Through our travels in Sweden, We did not find one shop in Ystad, a small news stand with poor selection in Umeå, and only one in Göteborg and Stockholm. No pipe sightings on the streets in any of those cities.

Reactions: Sirengatto
Status
Not open for further replies.