PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Yo Mike! Welcome from near West Chester. Do you know about the pipe clubs in the Lehigh Valley and Center City?

hp
les
Damn man, you're right in my back yard! And I think I might have come across those before, but not enough to get to any meet-ups.

I was hoping to see how many locals are in my boat...hopefully I'll come across more!

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Welcome from the New Jersey Shore!

Great to see a revival of pipe smoking! We’re all looking for something to enjoy. Copenhagen was almost an Army institution in the early 80’s. — likely still is today. But, like you, without a clue I picked up a pipe and a pouch of Half n Half that another soldier smoked. I was just going through the motions.

Later, whatever smelled interesting to me from the tobacconist’s shop jars. I remember “hazelnut”. No flavor, but smelled nice in the field. I never could really “taste” anything.

But I’m glad I stuck with it. Over time you’ll really find something that agrees with you and it’s one of life’s great simple pleasures.

Welcome to the forum, Mike.
Ah nice! Many fond memories of the Jersey Shore. I still manage to get down 1-2 times a year with my fam. The morning air on a Saturday with a cup of coffee and a pipe...fantastic!

Reactions: Grangerous

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, though I grew up in Chicagoland. Luckily for you, Dr. Grabow is still churning out pipes. I think they may be the highest volume producer of briar pipes in the U.S., despite being a somewhat small outfit. I might also recommend to you the good quality but very moderately priced Kaywoodie line.

Reactions: PA Piper Mike

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Personally I recommend slowing down intentionally with the PAD and TAD. But that's because I think getting to really know a pipe or blend is more enjoyable then dropping in to say hello to wide variety of pipes and blends. And for some reason lots of PA people myself included (middle of the state, Centre in fact) here yet I see about one to two other people smoking a pipe per year.

Reactions: PA Piper Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.