PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry144

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2021
Hi All - I have really enjoyed this forum for the last week or so! Learning a lot.

I am in a gradual transition over from cigars to pipes I think. With the help of friends and my sons-in-law, we will take down my 'too many' inventory of cigars.

I am hoping that the actual smoking part of my pipe smoking improves with my technique! Learning that pipe tobacco is supposed to be dry (relatively) is huge. I had mine in my in the coolidor...

I like working with my hands on weekends, so I am especially enjoying rescuing old pipes - getting better at that. Gotta figure out a better buffing solution though...

My brother ('LikeDadDid') and I are enjoying our new hobby in common. He's burning up the rookie pages here!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome, Texan!

Please
put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. When I decided to get out of the cigar game, I sold 1550 cigars in 6 hours. It was a feeding frenzy as everyone on the web knew who I was and knew my collection was top of the line.
One guy bought 11 cigars for 1800.00. They were all one of a kind Fuentes. I also had a couple of cabs of Punch Super Seleccion 2's which had been discontinued. . I had cabs of Ramone Allones Corona's that had also been discontinued. I had quite a few discontinued Cuban cigars and guys couldn't wait to get their hands on them. Partagas Lonsdales, H Upmann Lonsdales, had also been discontinued.

I am glad I did switch to pipes as I bought a 20-25 year supply of pipe tobacco for what I would pay for one years worth of cigars. I get more and better flavors from my pipes than I ever did for my cigars. Even the highest priced pipe tobacco is dirt cheap compared to cigars.

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
Hi All - I have really enjoyed this forum for the last week or so! Learning a lot.

I am in a gradual transition over from cigars to pipes I think. With the help of friends and my sons-in-law, we will take down my 'too many' inventory of cigars.

I am hoping that the actual smoking part of my pipe smoking improves with my technique! Learning that pipe tobacco is supposed to be dry (relatively) is huge. I had mine in my in the coolidor...

I like working with my hands on weekends, so I am especially enjoying rescuing old pipes - getting better at that. Gotta figure out a better buffing solution though...

My brother ('LikeDadDid') and I are enjoying our new hobby in common. He's burning up the rookie pages here!
Welcome aboard. This ship has a good crew ( mostly ) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.