PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2013
Best stuff for Latakia maniacs. I wanted to try it because I speak Russian and love Latakia.
It looks like a black brick which slivers easily. I’ve tried it in small filtered Savinelli. Very sweet and rich taste, mostly Latakia but some Orientals and Virginia inside. Is it strong? You bet it is! But not like Irish Flake or 1792, which is going straight on you like a drunk Irishman, and you know what to anticipate. This one crawls to you slowly from behind like Russian partisan in snow-covered forest, and in the end his axe will reach your head.
Seriously, this tobacco is good. Top-quality tasty mixture with big but manageable nicotine content. Treat it with respect, and it will be your friend for life.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Jay Jones was a master at cooking up some really full flavored Latakia blends. He used to make them himself and cook them up in his huge copper kettles just like a century ago. Jay and Louise Jones created and continue to market some of the finest full flavored blends available today IMO. All sold through Cornell & Diehl Tobacco Co.

Glad to hear of your enjoyment and satisfaction with their blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.