Here We Go Again. Hurricane Sally is on the Way.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Tropical storm Sally is forecast to be Hurricane Sally with maximum sustained winds of 80 mph when it makes landfall in Louisiana on Tuesday. The track this morning has it going in west of the Mississippi River near Grand Isle. We live close to the Mississippi state line, so we will be on the east side of the storm.

I still have most of the supplies laid in from the last hurricane and this one is expected to be a Cat 1 hurricane.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Prayers and best thoughts to all of you. Another storm out in the Atlantic I thought was a miss turns out to be headed for Bermuda. This is a rough year. I have a friend in Mandeville, not in the best health, so thank you Brad for reminding me to give him encouragement. If I were a hurricane, I wouldn't get in your daughter's way. New Orleans has been a destination for me since 1970 or so, so I keep my fingers crossed. First honeymoon there in October 1976.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
There's about six of these things lined up in the Atlantic. This could get real ugly for you folks in the hurricane zones.
The one's in the Atlantic are all headed north and don't look like they will make landfall in the U.S.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
Just looking at the photos of Gulf Shores, what a mess! Do people really think their boats won't get destroyed or washed up on land? Boat insurance for the area should go through the roof. I drag mine far inland when a hurricane is approaching because I like my boat and I don't want to pay the ridiculous cost of boat insurance.

(Crap, I thoughtthat I was posting this here, when I posted it in another thread)

Mrs Cosmic is making a list of things to prepare here, even though the last storm didn't even deliver us any rain. I will get everything tied down, even though I'm not holding my breath.

I hope all of you guys stay safe, and lets hope this peters out. It doesn't seem to be causing a huge rush to escape on the interstate yet. I judge storms now by whether they turn the whole of 65 into one-way traffic north.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Bushogged pasture in prep for whatever comes our way, home generator been excerciseing every Sunday for 20 minutes. We’ve been stocking up on groceries because of the Corona. Wife is gonna tank up her Pruis, my truck is full. Bascuc prep, put up loose objects in yard, fill bathtubs up , etc,
Better call the shrimp guy one more time before it hits! ?

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hurricane Sally is long gone, but there are currently two storms rummaging around the Gulf of Mexico, one primed to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast. It's been a remarkable year, some sort of a record I believe.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Looks like it’s headed through Crowley, Abbeville, Opelousas, Lafayette, if it keeps that track. Lake Charles is still messed up from the last one, from what I hear. Looks like they’ll catch a good bit of it again, too. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.