PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am always messing around with baccy's, mix and match and layering my bowls. Well, if you are feeling brave, give er a try. Put a layer of Hal O The Wind in the bottom of your bowl, then a layer of 1792 Flake, rubbed out, then another layer of Hal O The Wind and another layer of 1792 flake, continue until bowl is full. Light er up and sit back. Tell me what you thought of it, those of you who try it.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Sounds interesting. Only have 1792 in stock......what to layer it with..............maybe some Larry's Blend or some Plum Pudding..... Might give it go later.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love both tobaccos but have neither in my stash at the moment. It sounds delicious and deadly. I guarantee that would knock me on my ass, but it would be a fun and tasty ride down.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
I have layered some tobacco before, cannot remember which ones but it was good. I also tend to take some of the lesser known tobacco's and mix them all together(sort of like "best of the rest" and smoke it just to experiment with different flavors.. :puffpipe:

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yup for sure havanarick. I layer because I like it when the flavor changes several time tru the bowl. One minute you are smoking Hal Wind, the next minute you get a hit of 1792. It is interesting

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
@nsfisher
I haven't tried either of the blends you mentioned.

But at risk of hijacking your thread, I would be interested in hearing what people's favorite blends to layer are.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Well, I'll pass on that one. That'd be like layering 1792 with SG Black XX Rope. I'd call it: Deathwish Parfait Blend...
-Jason

danz

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
New Zealand
then a layer of 1792 Flake, rubbed out.
pnUf2l.jpg

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
been pipe smoking only less than 2 years

i have only one pipe and just now decided to buy a new one - waiting for a Graco Safar from p & c
i also have only been smoking 3 main regular brands all this time except once i ran out and got some little samples of nasty tasting stuff from a local pipe shop - ( mostly non tobacco type pipes ) so i think they just had the jars of tobacco there for a cover ...
i did not like any of the three samples that i bought from there and never tried them any more after i got a new shipment of my regular brands
just tonight i was half way through a bowl of half and half and i decided to put a pinch of one of the nasty samples in - it was ok
the little bit of different flavor added to the usual flavor and did not bother me
maybe after a while i will get brave enough to try the layer technique, after i learn more about blends etc .

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
Been layering Macbarens Vanilla Cream with Dan's Midnight Ride. Like having dessert and a good cup of coffee at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.