PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

changojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2010
Hello!! need some help.

the tenon from one of my pipes separated from the stem, what kind of glue should i use to put it back together?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Joe,

A picture or ten might be of immense help.

I have to admit this is the most alarming string I have seen, thus far.

When I first read your posts, I thought this is a Red White and Blue 5 alarm emergency.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
If the tenon has broken from the stem, don't glue it. Send it out for repair. A good pipe repair person can replace just the tenon and save the bit in most cases.

changojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2010
pipas004.jpg

here it is !!! this is Horrible!!!!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Any pipe repairman worth his salt can replace the tenon with a Delron one. I use Tim West at www.jhlowe.com. Be prepaired to wait about 3 months for it to come back though. With todays economy, Tim tells me many more people are haveing their pipes repaired rather than purchasing new ones. The same is true with Howard Schultz.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Our local B&M uses Norwwod Pipe repair in Clifton, Tennessee. Excellent work, very reasonable prices and quick service. They also make pipes that look very nice and also reasonably priced. Good luck.
http://www.norwoodspiperepair.com/index.html

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Zooming in on the pic a bit...it looks like this is nothing to worry about.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the tenon has a raised ring on it (maybe 1/3 from one end) and has simply pulled out of the stem. Push that sucker back in.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Did it pull out ! If so just use one drop of super glue and push it back in . A temporary repair is to use a split roll pin to join the two broken halfs , if it is broke . Roll pins can be found at most NAPA parts stores . A small set of watch maker files are then used to open up the draft .

changojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2010
Corecto-mundo bytor !!! it just puled out, and its just as you describe it. the tenon has some residue of dry glue on it, i pushed it back in and it slides back out. and this tells you a lot of the newer craftsman ship i purchased this Nording about 6 months ago and i used it about 10 times. i guess super glue will have to do its job thanks igloo.

thanks for the feed backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.