PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Anyone ever smoke a Brebbia? I've got my eye on a Fat Bob. I want the thing BAD... Only trouble is that it has a 9mm filter, and I don't know if I'll like filters. I have a Savinelli, but it was convertible so I never used it. Anyone know if Brebbias are convertible too? Or if there is some sort of device that will convert any filtered pipe to an unfiltered one?
Thanks!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have a few pipes that take the 9mm filters and I sometimes use them and sometimes don't. I have never used an adapter and I'm not really sure the need for them. If I don't use a filter I do notice a little goop (I smoke aromatics) in the filter space from time to time but that just means I spend a few extra seconds cleaning the filter space out. My 9mm pipes include Savinelli, Big Ben, Danke, and Lorezetti. In the Big Ben if I don't use a filter it almost turns the pipe into a Peterson system style pipe with a little reverse calabash thing going on. I say smoke away and if it doesn't work for you or you don't like it then just clean the pipe thoroughly and try something different.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
What blueeyedogre said. If you don't like it, just take it out. You'll likely notice a much easier draw due to the much larger opening in the tenon end. But I'd much rather deal with that than a filter, which I never use.
Bob

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I have several filtered pipes, but I've never smoked them with a filter. If you want, try the filter. If it's not your thing, just take it out. No need to over think this...it's pipe smoking! Pack, light, enjoy! :puffy:

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
They do make an adapter for the 9mm. I like useing the balsa filters, cause if you want a deeper draw you can always trim them up...

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Vauen makes a very nice adapter, but I have only seen it offered by German vendors. Smoking Pipes has one also, but it is much shorter. I tried it on two pipes. On one it worked great, but on the other it slipped out.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
You can get a 9mm adapter from TobaccoPipes.com for only $4.99
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/vauen-tabak/
They have rubber O-rings and are really nice; I have two of them and can recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.