PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Ok, so thought I would try again to see if anyone maybe has more information then what I have found on Pipedia and Reborn pipes.
-
Looking for some help on getting information on a pipe that does not fit any of the material I can find about KB&B. It is has KB&B with the cloverleaf around it on the shank. Is stamped "CHEVRON" with ITALIAN BRUYERE under it. Then on the stem it is also stamped CHEVRON(faint but it is there). It has no number stamping. Based on Pipedia and Reborn I am pretty sure it is 1881 to 1915 least. But I am not able to find anything regarding KB&B pipes that had the name of the pipe stamped on the shank and the stem.
Maybe nothing but it's just bugging me.
20200426_213609.jpg
20200426_213617.jpg20200426_213627.jpg20200426_213637.jpg

Reactions: buzkirk

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's a sandblast, so it's later than the date range you're indicating. It wasn't until 1907 that a practical method for providing a controlled fine grit blast was patented. And Dunhill claimed the right of invention, though that wasn't exactly true, pretty much owning the sandblast in the early 1920's. So it's quite likely that the pipe is mid 1920's or later.
KB&B was the parent company of Kaywoodie and made a wide variety of pipes under the KB&B marque, each with its own themed name. The model name clearly refers to the shape of the smooth pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.