PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
I do like junkyarddowgs idea. She has seen the worst of me back in my hay day. I have calmed down quite a bit. I think it is just something that she'll have to accept as my get away and I'll have to accept that she does not accept it :). It's all good she ain't giving me to much trouble just was wanted to know what y'all thought and if they was a really good smelling blend. Thanks for all the feedback

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
As mentioned early on, if Molto Dolce doesn't do the trick, then you can try extreme measures.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/4018/sutliff-tobacco-company-molto-dolce

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Give Mac Baren's plumb cake a try - many fellas with the same problem recommend it. It will be in my next TAD order for that very reason.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Keep the strong blends outdoors when you can. Getting a little air is a good thing. My favorite room

note pleasant blend is Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, Va/Bur/Cav/Rum. Without the rum they called

it Casanova, but I think they've stopped making that one. I think your wife might like it, or tolerate it.

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
Great thread... I am goign to try some of that Molto Dolce.

Thanks for the info folks!!

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Tell her you use the tobacco to cover up the smell of hooker spit. Once you come clean that's not the case she won't remember what she was angry about in the first place...
If you don't come clean and she thinks you smell like hooker spit, she will still not care about the tobacco
However, if you really smell like hooker spit please disregard this advice...

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
It sounds like your wife would really prefer you join her in being a non-smoker. That's going to be a tough one to get over. When my wife and I got together we agreed we had a few non-negotiable. Everything else we would find common ground. I would have the straight out conversation with her. Tell her, this is what I want to do. Is this a non-negotiable for you? If it is, you gotta decide what is more important. If its not you need to tell her to drop it then. You will smoke outside, brush your teeth, and shower but she doesn't get to say anything. Communication ahead of time has given me 25 years of relative wedded bliss.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
A nice Virginia Perique, like Escudo, has a nice aroma. Also, Lane RLP 6 and 1Q from Lane Ltd are big hits around my house. I just tried out Mac Baren Mixture Scottish blend, and the family enjoyed it too. Best of luck man.
Smells are powerful for invoking memories and emotions. Maybe some great experiences accompanied by a bit of pipe aroma would help.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Oh yours too? Just kidding. Sorry friend but it sounds like we're in identically situations. My wife despises smoking of any form almost as much as she despises me smoking. I've received plenty of compliments from her friends on almost any blend I smoke, but she's not having it. It would be admitting defeat if she uttered the words "that actually smells pretty good". She's never really come around to it, I guess she just finally gave up trying to change me.
Best advice is get you a comfortable porch chair (don't even think about lighting up inside unless she's gone for the weekend), a good dog to talk to (since she won't be sharing a conversation with you while you're puffing on a bowl), and maybe a good set of ear plugs..... Sometimes it's not all that bad when they leave you alone for a little while each day anyway!
and +1 CMDRMCBRAGG was spot on......"I JUST IGNORE IT"
GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.