Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmokingtexan

Jul 11, 2014
My wife is happy that I quite smoking cigarettes but hates the new pipe obsession. So far she does not like the smell of any blend I have gotten including the ODF. Any recommendations on a blend that will smell good while smoking and on my clothes. I need to get her on board so I get less grief when I go to smoke.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
She probably won't come around if she hasn't already. Mine hates it, all blends. She grudgingly has let it go, but always makes a face and a comment about how bad the tobacco smells or my cabinet smells. I just ignore it.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
Ya just hope they die before you do so you can enjoy at least one day on this earth, lol.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
You'd think the Molto Dolce would do it, but not for me. Mine is anti-pipe and cigar. I just ignore the judgment. "Leave me alone, woman."

darwin

Preferred Member
Apr 9, 2014
There are a lot of aromatic blends that non-smokers seem to like, aroma wise, but if you find them generally unpleasant to actually smoke then aside from smoking outside there's not a heck of a lot to be done except for getting yourself a good quality HEPA filtration unit and only smoking right next to it. It's a bit of an expensive solution but it might help to ensure domestic tranquility.

thesmokingtexan

Jul 11, 2014
I smoke outside anyways cause we got three young kids but it is also the smell left in my clothes after that is a problem with her. I need a smoke that leaves a smell of Calvin Klein cologne but taste like the ODF we are sampling this week. That would be perfect.

dread

Preferred Member
Jun 19, 2013
Wear a hat and a smoking jacket or shirt. Kind of hard in the hot weather, though.

northernneil

Preferred Member
Jun 1, 2013
Sounds like a perfect excuse to get a great new smoking jacket and hat! Just take them off before you go in the house.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
My tobacco doesn't offend others, they actually like the way it smells ... just the lady. She is just a complainer.

metarzan

Preferred Member
Nov 14, 2012
Drag her down to the local B&M and have her pick out her least hated, most tolerated blend based on nose. Anyone who doesn't like the smell of a pipe and cigar shop has questionable character and should be avoided. Should be a question on Match.com if it isn't already.

thesmokingtexan

Jul 11, 2014
I think I'll have to accept her s disagreement. however maybe ill smoke a really foul blend and then she'll appreciate the better smelling blend

dread

Preferred Member
Jun 19, 2013
You guys crack me up. Yep, it may just be a "this is my thing" deal.
Spouses make the best stories! My wife knows within two seconds of me walking in the door if I smoked a blend with Latakia in it. She doesn't know Latakia is, just when I've smoked it . . .

thesmokingtexan

Jul 11, 2014
She did not like the smell of the cigarette or cigars either but she thinks the pipe is a worse smell. Also I am fighting a up hill battle cause sheiks an ex-smoker herself and I don't know if y'all noticed but ex-smokers are 10x more critical of tobacco use. Holy than thou kind of attitude at least where cigarettes are concerned.

derfargin

Preferred Member
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
This is a no win situation. Best thing to do is try to compromise with her with a discussion, or maybe see if she would like to try smoking a pipe with you.
You may have to just agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.