PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamxiaoyuan

Might Stick Around
Sep 12, 2014
China
I just come back from US and only have one pipe left. Hence, I smoke 3 bowls per day with that very pipe.

As a result, it now smokes sour on every tobacco.

Does that mean it is dying?

My new pipe wouldn't arrive in at least the remaining days of this week.

So, god bless me. :crying:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I read that someone has had luck using baking soda to take smell out of a pipe. Try that. I don't know the method, but I'd mix up some sea salt and some baking soda and fill the bowl with that and then soak it with some sort of alcohol...overnight...you should be good to go, or at least much improved.
p.s....take out the stem and clean the mortise (inside of the stem all the way to the bowl with alcohol and swabs.)

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
If your budget is an issue you can obtain some corn cob pipes which are an easy and quick way to achieve a needed pipe rotation without spending much money.

tinkertank

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2014
Do you clean it after a smoke? Run a pipe cleaner through it after a bowl, maybe two. I had a pipe sour on me, turns out I wasn't thorough enough getting it dry afterwards. Though I clench and I get a little extra drool sometimes. If it gets wet during the smoke run a cleaner during. Maybe that will help.
As stated, do a more through clean about once a month.
I'm not one to really rest my pipes too well, I smoke the same pipe a couple times a day, every day as well. However when it gets to a point where the smoke quality changes, I let it sit for a while. It'll let you know. Otherwise, if you want a whenever the hell you feel like smoker grab a cob! don't have to worry about any nonsense with a cob!

gamxiaoyuan

Might Stick Around
Sep 12, 2014
China
Thanks a lot to all guys upstairs responding so fast.

God bless you all, and my pipe.

FYI, I just ordered two cobs from Chinese ebay. It's twice the price of the cobs in US :cry:

Aug 14, 2012
Eric: God bless you indeed. Nice Cezanne you picked for your picture. For 3 good smokes a day you need about 14 more pipes. Yours is not dying, it is wet because it does not get time to dry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.