PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I've been experimenting with simple blends lately, and I've finally hit on a keeper.
8 ounces C&D Dark Fired Kentucky, 2 Ounces C&D Granulated Perique and 1 Ounce Lane BCA
It gives me a rich, smoky, cool-burning, high(ish) nicotine experience. The BCA seems to help accentuate the "stewed fruit" aspect of the Perique, while minimizing the pepper aspect. Also, mixed 10 to 1, the BCA stays very much in the background, just giving a tiny hint of sweetness.
I've been smoking this long enough to know it's going to be a "go-to" blend for me, so I ordered enough last night to jar up for long term storage.
But... it needs a name! Since it's an American-style Aromatic mixed with Native American-style Perique and early American settler-style Dark Fired, I've been calling it "America!" (with the exclamation point), but I'm sure there's a better name out there.
Any ideas?

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Wow, that sounds good!
Smokin' Bluegrass

Bluegrass Smoke

Bluegrass Campfire

Kentucky Kampfire

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That sounds like a horrible blend!
But I just tried it and it's pretty tasty. :clap: Actually, I substituted Gawith Black Cherry (a cavendish blend) for the BCA, because that's what I had on hand. On paper, the pinch of aromatic made sense, but the 10 parts KDF and Perique (with no VAs or burley) sounded off the wall. Don't knock it until you try it, right?
As for names:
Dubious
Outside Chance
Ten to One

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I do a lot of blending from my homegrown. I try to name my blend something that will instantly tell me what's in it.

In your case I'd probably name it something like Kentucky Perlane. Years later when I'm sorting through dozens of different blends I would know right away what this has in it.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
We were kicking around new blend names last night at pipe club. This sounds like the perfect blend for "My Finger"!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I should take this more seriously.
OK, High Perique content.

Dark Fired.

Lane BCA.
Americana...settlers...Indians...nicotene bulldozer...Lane bulk...I know!
Trail of Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.