PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
In the next few hours, I will be popping a sealed tin in celebration of my birthday. I went and glanced at my cellar and found a few things I've yet to try. Help me decide!
Bennington Union Jack from the early 90s

Bennington Knightsbridge from the early 90s

McClelland PCCA Winter 1995-1996

Levin Pipes Klenderwood from 1993
Who knows, maybe the first person who chimes in with a suggestion, and that's the one I choose, will get a small sample sent to him or her :) !

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I say Knightsbridge, because I'm imagining a knight crossing a bridge to get home after a valiant victory. Happy birthday and well done, good sir knight.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Levin Pipes Klenderwood from 1993 (or whichever is the oldest/most special)
... because the birthday is to be a "no holds barred" event. If you "save" something it will deter from -TODAYS CELEBRATION-!

In this regard the adage applies: Live for today as tomorrow may never come.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Hawke-man, I like the way you think! Fortunately, 20 year aged tobacco is not something I have a shortage of yet!
Michael, the tin art of Knightsbridge is a knight on a white horse with all black background. The horse's adornments are colored red! It's a pretty tin!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Firstly, Happy Birthday! Since I have never tried any of those tobacco, I would go for the 3rd one as 3 is my lucky number and I believe that it will bring luck to you as well :)

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Ok, to heck with it!
I'm opening Klenderwood and winter.
Hawke-man, Michael, j, and Jack, if you pm me your address I'll send you some of both to try!

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Happy Birthday! I would have gone with the Union Jack. Just feeling a bit British is all :mrgreen:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Lol pa, if I only got along with aromatics! I wouldn't mind having something like Boswells Christmas cookie on hand for birthdays but only if it tasted like birthday cake!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
My initial thoughts,
The Winter is sweeter, the perique took a back seat, the lat took a back seat, the orientals took a back seat, but the virginias shine.
Klenderwood, the orientals shine something fierce. I prefer the Klenderwood between the two, but both are a nice treat. Let me know your thoughts once you try them. I'll get the samples out Friday unless something comes up!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am a newbie, so do not rely on my experience please :)
PCCA Winter - The moisture level was amazingly perfect. I couldn't catch Perique, Orientals were here and there from time to time. Virginia was the main actor with Latakia being the main actress. It smoked very cool, had no bites at all. Through the end of the bowl Virginia killed the Latakia and took the main seat. I now believe in mature, well aged tobacco.
Levin Pipes Klenderwood - Orientals are the main players, latakia is just going all along with the orientals, virginias are not that strong, my guess is they have used some light ones in that blend. It smokes cool and dry, personally I liked PCCA Winter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.