PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Well I looked and looked but I just can't seem to find what Pipemaker's marks these correspond to.
Perhaps one of you knows? I feel like it must be a contemporary (relatively) American Pipemaker because of the relatively new condition of the pipe and the fact that it has no "made in [country]" stamp which I consider characteristic of many American pipes.
What appears to be a scripted "R"
An encircled "C"
An anchor in a square cartouche
The "Hand Made" indication
Do any of these strike a chord with you folks? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
query.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
it's from the estate of someone's deceased Grandfather. hoping to get more information from him but i'm doubtful i'll be successful.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I have bought several Road Town pipes from eBay and find them to be decent pipes. The construction is good and they smoke well. Since they can be had for very little I would say they are a good buy. The most I have paid was about $30 and the least was $10.50. You did OK. My only complaint is that they some tend to be slightly smaller than I had expected.
That said, I have bought Barling, Stanwell, and a beautiful Georg Jensen estate pipes for under $30 on eBay. It pays to shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.