PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Hey guys,

I'd like your help identifying pipes that I don't know much about. About the Royal Demuth, any idea of the name of the model ?
Thanks for your help.
SRLpEGo.jpg

3Bd8yaf.jpg

hopPIyX.jpg

SqZrrMM.jpg

SwmA1k6.jpg

Thanks guys, appreciate all the help I can get.
Cheers.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I really like that second pipe,whoever made it ! WDC is (was) one of the great American companies and if I remember correctly was eventually bought by SM Frank. The pipe in your pics appears to be a WW2 era non briar pipe. EA Carey has been around for many years and may still be making pipes. The last pipe appears to be an Israeli ( Shalom Pipe Co.) made pipe. It may have a small "Israel" stamp on the shank close to the stem on bottom.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Already identified n°4, the Carey Magic Inch one. It seems like I'll need special filters to smoke that thing.
There is "some" indications about the Royal Demuth, n°3. I wonder if the date is the actual date at which the pipe was made.
For the others, I'm still looking, if anyone has any info on them :)
Cheers.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The theme of the carving looks Japanese, Mt. Fuji, Pagoda, etc. That doesn't really tell you much though. No markings at all on the second pipe?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Many pipes designed to take a filter can be smoked just fine with no filter, no adaptor.
I now recall I had a Carey a long time ago. The three slots in the stem brought it right back to my memory sieve. (usta thimk it wuz a bank)

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Thanks guys.
@ejames: how come you know so much about pipes that you can identify pipes, makers and estimate the period just like that?

Anyway thanks a lot, much appreciated. Knowing more about ones pipes gives them immediately so much more interest. I am thankful for that.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.