PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Ha!

Thanks all.

I thought it was a bent billiard, but looking at photos and charts of shapes, there were a few billiards that didn't quite match, and a few other shapes that looked similar so I wasn't sure. I'm going with the bent billiard :).

Reactions: OzPiper and jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll go with the bent billiard. Like many billiards, the back of the bowl inclines a little, but not nearly enough to make it a brandy shape. A brandy shape has to have a fully narrowed top, like a brandy glass, from which the name comes, I presume. I'll also agree with the chair-leg stem and the freehand stem ideas. A freehand chair-leg stem.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
I'll go with the bent billiard. Like many billiards, the back of the bowl inclines a little, but not nearly enough to make it a brandy shape. A brandy shape has to have a fully narrowed top, like a brandy glass, from which the name comes, I presume. I'll also agree with the chair-leg stem and the freehand stem ideas. A freehand chair-leg stem.
I agree. I looked at brandy shapes, and they're narrower at the top and broader at the base, just like a brandy snifter, more so than the billiard.

Reactions: OzPiper

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Eastern European Toilet Style. It's modeled after East German Military crapper. We in west call it Bent Billiard. Notice the complicated stem, know as Kalashnikov stem for an obvious reason. Yes, I studied pipe shapes from old Yugo factory.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper and ksman75

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Eastern European Toilet Style. It's modeled after East German Military crapper. We in west call it Bent Billiard. Notice the complicated stem, know as Kalashnikov stem for an obvious reason. Yes, I studied pipe shapes from old Yugo factory.
/sarcasm
So, what you're saying, is I have a crappy east german, military style AK-PIPE! Next question, is it an assault pipe, or modern sporting pipe?
sarcasm/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Opps, obviously I'm not a brandy drinker (much). A brandy glass is called a snifter, I guess because part of the ritual of enjoying brandy is sniffing it before you sip as the fumes come up through the narrow mouth of the snifter.

Reactions: OzPiper and ksman75

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Opps, obviously I'm not a brandy drinker (much). A brandy glass is called a snifter, I guess because part of the ritual of enjoying brandy is sniffing it before you sip as the fumes come up through the narrow mouth of the snifter.
I've never liked brandy anyway, lol.