PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I am caught up, but only two orders may be mailed. You gentlemen are using 2 or 3 names, first names only, leaving out addresses, and even leaving out orders. These are the only two guys that I have enough information on to mail today:Eric Lane and James Baker. They will be mailed today.

How do I know who you are if you write with a first name, or pay without an address. All communications and orders should have all your names, the full specific order with number of cans and brands and your mailing address. I am getting orders like " send Nightcap", or a full order with no address. I do not believe anyone could fill many of these orders. So, to repeat, on every communication put all your names, your mailing address, and your order with number of cans and brand.

If you are not James baker or Eric Lane, and do not receive your order in the next few days, please contact me with all the required information. I do appreciate that pipesmokers are relaxed, but when I get an email that says just James, or Steve I do not know who it is. Also do not send unnecessary emails at this time. It just slows me down. Thanks.

To repeat, if the order says Jack, and you write and sign the name Bill, I will not know who you are.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I didn't put my address in since I was just inquiring if you still had some things. If you need me to I can resend with the address. I did put my full name. I don't want to confuse things with another email unless you need it

whitesands77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2016
Denver USA
So, I think there are several things going on here.
1. emails are saved in succession with the responses that are written. Hence the "Re." designation in the subject line.

Dollars to donuts people know this and to them they are just carrying on the conversation they had with you earlier that can be easily referenced by scrolling down the specific email "chain" this might be why you are having people not write all the information ie: Full name, Address, and specific order in the emails because it had already been communicated and they are expecting you to be able to reference this information.
2. You might be getting several ways people are paying for their merchandise through paypal. There is the "Friends and Family" option that is not for transactions and do not charge you a fee. However, If orders are specifically documented in the "Notes" section it might get flagged as a "Sale" and the transfer would most likely get canceled and then everybody is back to square one and things have the potential to get confusing. All people are trying to do for you Bruce is save you the 4.5% paypal will charge you for the transaction. I know pipestud uses paypal and there are no issues with his invoices getting paid probably because he only uses that option in paypal and does not complete transactions using the "Friends and Family" option.
3. It seems like you might be having a hard time connecting the payments you have received through paypal with the actual orders. In paypal, every transaction is completed through an email address. My suggestion would be to go through the payments you have received and cross reference the email address from the payment with emails you have received from this address. That way you can see the orders that people think you already have. After all the payments were the result of a conversation that happened through an email you may have not remembered specifically because you have so many going on. Because, why would someone just send you money randomly without thinking you understood the condition why it was sent. This might explain why people are not putting any addresses or full names on the paypal transfers because they figure you already have the information.
Obviously you are handling this well and have a lot on your plate. Most people would have a hard time with the bombardment you are going through. Take a breath and relax. Everything works out... sometimes it takes a little extra work and communication sometimes. Thank you for your patience and generosity to everyone Bruce. You took on a monster of a job to get this out to everyone and its more than appreciated!

Jun 27, 2016
Yep, best thing to do for both parties is to use Paypal Goods with the correct full name & verified shipping address. Seller may want to verify name & add'y provided by Paypal with the buyer after payment but before shipping, as I have sometimes seen Paypal randomly provide my previous address to shippers when I am buying stuff, but only because I checked. If it's going USPS Priority, add necessary insurance if over $50, and if the goods are much over $300, also tack "signature required" to it, lest the box gets left on the doorstep and stolen, in which case USPS insurance will not cover you, and PP will only cover up to $300 in that scenario. It might even be only $200 now, I'm not sure on that. P.P. charges 2.9% + 30 cents of the money to use "Goods". So I add 3% to the grand total. Bruce didn't ask when I bought some stuff from the sale and used "goods", but I tacked it on anyway because I don't think that he should lose it. :puffy:

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I think @whitesands77 is correct. I'll email again, Bruce, to confirm my address and that my payment went through.
And yes, when I tried F&F payment it was declined after 3 days, then the Goods payment went through in 24 hours. It may be because Bruce's email is a business one, but PP works in mysterious ways so who knows....

Jun 27, 2016
Yeah Goods is the way to go. Hopefully everything gets worked out for everyone.
Took a quick look, and using goods, it looks like PP now suggests signature confirmation of delivery and proof of shipment for payments over $750.

Status
Not open for further replies.