PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lordnantwich

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2022
Rhode Island, USA
nantwichs.etsy.com
Hello I was hoping some of you more experienced Dunhill experts could help me date a pipe I recently acquired. I know it is quite early but just not sure exact date. I've included detailed photos.

Left side markings: "A o" "Dunhill London" I know A = Bruyere and appeared as early as 1910 not sure what the "o" means?

Right side markings: "Made in England, Inner Tube, Patented 1914" then "32". I know "Inner Tube" appeared up to 1934, but also the "Patented 1914" only appeared into the mid-20s is that right? I don't know what the "32" means.

Its a charmingly elegant little pipe. IMG_3309.jpgIMG_3314.jpgIMG_3313.jpgIMG_3316.jpgIMG_3319.jpg

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I believe it's a 1922 or 1923, depending on the number to the right of 'England' (I can't read it).

I'm thinking 1922, only because I have a 1923 and the '3' looks bigger than your number.

20220515_081137.jpg

Reactions: lordnantwich

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Hey, I didn’t read the post, I just read the title. But thought I’d weigh in anyway.

I don’t know the Dunhills, but I imagine they’re a family that’s been in your area for a while. I’m assuming this bc you said you’re trying to date an “early Dunhill.” So I’m guessing you mean either a really old woman, or young adult, firm one from a branch of the family that’s been around longer.

Here’s what I’d do…

1. Get to know her first. Women will usually date a man they know over one they don’t.

2. Find out when her birthday is abd buy her small appliances as gifts. Vacuum cleaners, irons, lint rollers even. Women love this. I’m sure the Dunhills will too.

3. if she does agree to go out on a date with you, take her to a monster truck pull. I don’t think I need to explain how valuable this will be I’m really cementing the relationship.

That’s all I can suggest for now. Hope it helps, and good luck dating an early Dunhill.