SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
So, I think I know what the date of this pipe is from my research but I'd really like to know what you all think. I won't bias you by telling what I think it might be. Below are the best pics I could get with full sized ones linked here. Please feel free to tag anyone on the forum who may be better at figuring this one out.

Yes, I have looked it up on pipephil.eu and pipedia. It's a bit of an odd one. Of special interest to me is the horn stem (which yes, I know is cracked) which also gives me an idea of year.

Thanks for looking.

Old Dunny Name Side.JPGOld Dunny Date side.JPGOld Dunny Date side closer.JPGOld Dunny nomenclature closeup.JPGOld Dunny Topside.JPGOd Dunny Bottom.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Ahi Ka
Aug 1, 2012
Is that the one that just sold on ebay? I was prepared to make an offer, but the seller never responded to my request for pictures of the stamping.

Congrats on the pick-up.
It is the one that sold last week on eBay. I'm pretty happy with what I got for the price.

Aug 1, 2012
Well, that's a superb find - a wartime 1944, and a horn stem as well. Congratulations. I would definitely have done the BIN if he had provided a picture of the patent stamping.
I didn't see it until later since I don't usually pay attention to Dunhill auctions. What was the BIN if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, that was one uncommunicative seller.

Also, what tells you 1944? Just for informational purposes. I can always use more info. ?