PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
Hello ! I'm Angela from MA. Although I have been smoking cigars for almost 20 years, I am just starting to venture into smoking pipes. I am a Certified Cigar Sommelier with both Tobacconist University & the International Association of Cigar Sommeliers. Is there something similar in the pipe world? I look forward to learning from all of you !

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida but originally from Boston. Those cigar credentials are pretty cool. Have you ever smoked a Don Carlos Lancero from Fuente? It is my favorite as the wrapper is 1984 Cameroon and with the wrapper to filler ratio being what it is, the thinner cigars are what I used to mainly smoke.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Is there something similar in the pipe world?
Hello and welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

I am not aware of any genuine sanctioned pipe smoking recognition organizations. There are, or were, a number of “club” level recognitions in the U.S., and there may still be some. Others here on the forum can perhaps better address this issue.

At one time the French had several internationally recognized organizations, including the “Confrérie des Maîtres-Pipiers de Saint-Claude” and the “Académie Internationale de la Pipe”.
I do not know if these are still operating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.