PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome ... where exactly are you from? I looked it up and it can mean anywhere on earth ?

citation from Wikipedia

n the Northern Hemisphere, "the Antipodes" may refer to Australia and New Zealand, and Antipodeans to their inhabitants. Geographically, the antipodes of Britain and Ireland are in the Pacific Ocean, south of New Zealand. This gave rise to the name of the Antipodes Islands of New Zealand, which are close to the antipode of London. The antipodes of Australia are in the North Atlantic Ocean, while parts of Spain, Portugal, and Morocco are antipodal to New Zealand.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. Where are your Antipodes? I spent eight months on Midway Island, mid-Pacific, part of the Hawaiian chain but as far from Honolulu as New York City from Omaha.

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

Calliope

Lurker
Dec 19, 2020
Welcome ... where exactly are you from? I looked it up and it can mean anywhere on earth ?

citation from Wikipedia
I didnt think the Antipodes was such an all encompassing name, although it simply means the "other Foot". I live in New Zealand which is across the ditch from Australia where I lived for many years.

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.