PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billjohnso20

Lurker
Dec 4, 2019
I just joined and wanted to say, "Hello." I have returned to pipe smoking after a cigar binge that lasted 24 years now that I have changed my lifestyle to one that allows me the time needed to enjoy 1-2 hour smokes. I have had to relearn somethings as well as learn somethings that are new to me like the breathe method. I am an intermediate pipe smoker though who is reestablishing the types of tobacco I like best.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Welcome back to the hobby! I find it much like riding a bicycle; you get really rusty but never really lose it. Of course, I wasn't much more than a novice when I smoked my pipe in the 90's.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. I used to always think cigars provided a longer smoking experience than most pipes, but since I've returned from my own cigar-based hiatus, I have been getting a lot of very nice, leisurely bowls that last 90-120 minutes, which isn't that much different than a double corona or churchill sized cigar. Still love cigars, but the value is definitely with the pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I used to be a big cigar smoker but now I am only pipes. I don't miss the cigars at all and value wise, nothing is cheaper than pipe tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C., U.S. Lots of expertise and knowledge here. I always learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.