Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker and avid consumer of all the great information of the many members on this site. I figured it was time to join in and perhaps add something myself. I started smoking my pipe with full enthusiasm in Nov of '17, so, not so long but I've managed to acquire a respectable supply of tobacco and a few pipes that seem to work fine for me.
Just want to thank all the seasoned members who've shared so much of their experience and enthusiasm for this great hobby. Looking forward to interacting a bit with you characters.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Get off my lawn! :nana: Most of the seasoning you’ll find in older members is salt , well here at least.
Welcome to the board and beware the sharks.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I've been lurking awhile. Believe me, I know who to watch out for!
Thanks for the welcome my friend - and the warning. (Where's sablebrush? :puffy:)

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Where's sablebrush?
He's out back, polishing his Barlings, but I'm sure he'll be along directly. Welcome to the group! If you've been around long enough, then surely you've noticed the crew of the Black Frigate sailing past your screen a time or two. The salt only adds to the conversation, and without it, it's just too bland around here.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the welcome gentlemen! I'm still trying to figure out the profile stuff - not that anyone needs to see my mug.
Carolina - thanks for the words of advice and the warm welcome. I surely have noticed the Black Frigate and may try to jump aboard.
Cortez - You sir, are one I greatly admire. As I've discovered I'm very drawn to virginia flake, I've gained a lot of valuable info from your posts. Keep em coming as I'm sure there are lots of guys like me trying to learn the ropes.
Thanks again you guys. Honored to receive your warm greetings.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"I know who to watch out for! " --- Heeeeeeeyyyyy, WAIIT just one doggone minute now.... -evyl grin- Welcome!!
"salt only adds to the conversation, and without it, it's just too bland around here." -- Yup. Between that & the grapes it gives a [choke] "room note" to die for.
Literally. :twisted:

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks bnichols. Enjoy your posts.
Can't seem to make emojis work. Guess I'll have to get my kids to help...

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah, I read the entire thread on the Frank Method. Holy cow! Seriously though - great humor on here. Had to join in.
Thanks for the welcome wyfbane.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome timt. I joined in May and it's been very informative, interesting and fun.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! Emojis are to the far right, at the top of the compose box.
About what area of the world do you inhabit? ( N. CA here)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
( :nana:)
( :nana: )
Try putting a space between the emoji and any letters or punctuation marks.
Above shows no spaces vs. a space before and after the emoji.
Welcome to the forum!
jay-roger.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks jp. Here's what happens when I try to use the smiley emoji :)
I'm from the Twin Cities area.

Status
Not open for further replies.