PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Not that I am worried much, I requested a custome UA origional and had some PM conversations almost a month ago with him. My last PM has not been read and :?: I understand he periodicly takes a few weeks off the forum. Now I am worried about him and don't care about the pipe. Anybody personal friends with Uncle A? Is he OK?

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
No Idea, im in the same boat more or less, definitely worried, I dont know if any body knows him. I would hate if anything happened

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Yep, I'm in the same boat, I got in on his big sell off at the beginning of January and sent him payment close to two months ago. Hopefully he'll be back soon and no worse for wear.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I emailed him last week as I had sent him a UA pipe for some additional work to be done on it and he told me that he has been down and out as a result of an adverse reaction to his meds relating to his previous injuries. He told me he was aware of the work he had with us and that he hoped to be up and about soon.......

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Off his nuts everyone... sheesh. Seems every week we get one of these threads lol. :crazy:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well its like finding out the neighbor you always go to for advice and a cup of sugar just disapeared. He is a perminant member here and I guess you could say we miss him and worry about him, not just the beautiful pipes he is known for.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Same here. I sent him nearly $200 almost 2 months ago. He cashed the check but never sent the pipes that had already been made. I am wearing thin, multiple email, PM and voice mails have been ignored. I am giving it till the end of the month and then contacting local LEO to see what is up.
If someone can really speak to him (maybe rick), please tell him I would at least like some contact to know what is going on.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I saw several pipes here made by uncle,and to my opinion they are absolutely rudimentary at all.Much better to buy a Peterson instead of two uncle's i guess.Anyway I hope is getting fine even is the second time that happen.Maybe will surface again with a new big sale?

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
dgerwin11, I see no reason for your post to be deleted, I feel the same way. Quite arrogant.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I agree also. Just concerned about Uncle A's well being firstly. Pipes can be handled at latter date. Of course it would suck if he were unable to finish the deals he made, but in the same aspect it sucks more so that he is possibly in medical danger. I am completly sure UA will make good on what he has agreed to do with the guys once he is cleared by the doctor for whatever the reason.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I agree with everything you say dgerwin, sorry pentangle, but you always knock others pipes, sure yours are beautiful, they definitely are, but as far as we know, they could smoke terribly, and everyone knows UA's pipes smoke awesome. An 'ugly' pipe that smokes awesome, is worth far more to me the a beautiful pipe that smokes shitty, that is worthless.
Granted I am not saying that your pipes smoke shitty, I am saying it is not your place to negatively critique others work

Status
Not open for further replies.