PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think it I had a teacher or the Internet back then (mid 1980's), I might have stuck with it.
I luckily knew a few pipe smokers. They didn't really teach me but they did explain a few things. Including to slow down. Although the way they told me violates the rules of this site because it's blue. But the clean version is slow down take your time you're supposed to pay attention and enjoy it not consume it like a greedy pig. :)
You can pm me for the adult version but it's not really worth it probably.

Last edited:

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes I think that when you are a teenager you should be shown all the options, like:
"Hey son, I'm not really supposed to talk about this but this but here you have pipes and cigars - probably won't kill you, here you have cigarettes which can kill you but it's what 99% of the smokers smoke, are displayed in 99% of the movies you will see and most of the people will end up trying in some point of their lives..." etc.

Reactions: Irish Piper

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I've never really been a city person, but Munich I can tolerate. ? I've been here for 12 years, so it can't be a bad place. Although I prefer to be about 30 minutes south of the city. Beautiful landscape to sit in and enjoy a Weißbier ? and a pipe puffy
I found Munich still "village" like, I can't remember where my then girlfriend lived, but it wasn't really city like. We also enjoyed the south, spend a lot of time near Starnbergersee.

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Hi folks,

I'm Jeff from Munich, Germany. I just turned 50 and was told that it's required to smoke a pipe now! ;-) So here I am. I've smoked cigars for a long time, but I quit cigarettes a few years ago. I tried a pipe a few times when I was a teenager, though I didn't keep up with it. Probably because I had no idea what I was doing. I hope to learn from all of you professionals!

Take care.
Jeff
Hello and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.