PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Teresa

Lurker
Jun 4, 2022
Hi there! I just joined and I'm curious about the issues created and distributed of the Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine.
I just inherited my dad's magazines and I'm not sure I have the whole set. Were they not made regularly toward the end?
I have winter and spring 2011; I have NO issues for 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015; I have spring and fall of 2016; Spring 2017; I have
spring, summer, and fall of 2018; Winter and spring of 2019. Maybe my brother hasn't found these issues yet...or maybe they missed making some near the end? Could someone here fill me in as to the issues over the later years? Loving reading the magazines and learning about the pipes! My dad passed last January of Covid. I'm selling his pipes which is a bitter sweet experience. I'm learning a lot and it feels like he's with me as I go in this endeavor. Thanks for any info on the magazines! Glad I found you folks!

Teresa

Lurker
Jun 4, 2022
Thank you! I was just trying to find out if I'm going to be searching for issues that were never made.
I have all of them except for those I listed in my post. Really hoping to have the whole set. They are definitely few and far between online. Was hoping there was a list of the issues published somewhere online. Good to meet you WVOF!

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hi there! I just joined and I'm curious about the issues created and distributed of the Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine.
I just inherited my dad's magazines and I'm not sure I have the whole set. Were they not made regularly toward the end?
I have winter and spring 2011; I have NO issues for 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015; I have spring and fall of 2016; Spring 2017; I have
spring, summer, and fall of 2018; Winter and spring of 2019. Maybe my brother hasn't found these issues yet...or maybe they missed making some near the end? Could someone here fill me in as to the issues over the later years? Loving reading the magazines and learning about the pipes! My dad passed last January of Covid. I'm selling his pipes which is a bitter sweet experience. I'm learning a lot and it feels like he's with me as I go in this endeavor. Thanks for any info on the magazines! Glad I found you folks!
Welcome from Virginia and I hope you are successful with your search!

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
Welcome from Denver! The run goes from Vol 1 No 1 to Vol 24 No 1. There were four issues to each Volume with the exception of Volume 24. With the exception of the first year, No 1 was Spring, No 2 was Summer, No 3 was Fall and No 4 was Winter. For the first year there was a Premier issue in 1996 followed by No 2 Spring 1996, No 3 Fall 1996 and No 4 Winter 1997.

Reactions: Streeper541
Sep 17, 2019
A friendly welcome from No. MN where I can see Canada from the deck outside. I agree regarding looking @ ebay for those mags. Your Dad would be proud of you for sticking your neck inside here to see what is going on in the world of pipe smoking.

Java3