Hello. Long-Time Oom Paul Hungarian Smoker.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I’ve been looking almost exclusively at Oom Paul’s for my next pipe. I really like the Briar Works Moonshine Pipe, and I’m hoping one made by Chris Morgan will turn up.

I’m a clencher and until recently I’ve thought that small pipes are only way for me to enjoy the pipe. But I’m finally learned that a well bent stem can be a good clencher, too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Does this count...
9TcdggH.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hung back until my wife gave me a Sav Hercules Oom-Paul, and it was an immediate hit with me. The U-turn bend makes it exceeding light weight feeling, and the bowl is more than ample, deep and narrow, great for dry blends like Tabac-Manil Semois or Five Brothers, but many others and different kinds as well. Yes, sir, a good Hungarian is a fine briar.

Reactions: bnichols23

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My only Oom Paul is a Christmas gift from my father from about 1969. It's a Mauro Armellini made for Tinder Box under the Napoli marque (according to Pipedia.org). WOW, 50yrs. already!
I don't see many Oom Paul's with this brandy bowl shape.

Last edited:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum! Would love to see photos.

I hate Oom Pauls, but love Hungarians.

"Uncle Paul" Kruger was a complete shit and doesn't deserve to have a pipe shape named after him, especially since no one has shown he even smoked Hungarians.

Rant over. You may now return to your regular programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.