PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Long time lurker here ... I’ve spent countless hours reading through these forums, and I feel like I know many of you active posters now (kind of creepy, eh?). I’ve always been a person that listens before speaking, and I guess that’s that’s translated to my delay joining :D
I started smoking pipes about a decade ago, took some time off from it just because it happened that way, and over the last year got back into it. I was a little shocked to see that McC folded, as this was my first blend smoking (blackwoods flake, which I still have around 500g in the cellar from 2008 along with some FM / FM AtP and SG fvf from same time). McC was well stocked in a shop in downtown DC and I used to spend hours on break perusing, checking out the selection. But, it seems like that’s how this hobby goes, and seems to add the nostalgia / collectors factor for the hobby
I keep an active 4-5 blend rotation going, usually 1x each of english, oriental, vaper, and va (+ an aro that only gets smoked as a crowd pleaser, which is very rarely .. it’s the only way I enjoy an aro..).
I love the outdoors, hanging with family and friends, a smooth smoke, a tasty libation, appreciate a good looking woman, and a meditative mindset
Glad too be here with you all. Tons of respect to the community; the community has a great vibe going
Thx for keeping the pipe hobby alive!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy from upstate SC, & welcome! Since you've been sneaking around our back stairs, you already know who the crazies are, so with that, jump in, cut your engines, & prepare to be boarded! }:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Good info, history, expertise, and banter on Forums. Questions always welcome. A certain amount of guff expected.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I love the outdoors, hanging with family and friends, a smooth smoke, a tasty libation, appreciate a good looking woman, and a meditative mindset
I like the cut of your jib Sir. Welcome.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
@mso489 Thank you for the warm welcome .. I appreciate your sensibility and perpective sir!
@folanator .. Back at ya! Diggin’ that avatar. Planning on seeing ole Dead & Co in August actually, with j.Mayer in the mix. Looking fw to a good time
@cortez .. Glad to be here; kind of felt like I was “the guy on the couch” without interacting

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
@pepesdad1 ... ahhh, the nomadic land of FL. Lived in Ft Myers for a time; met my wife there. We moved to Jax for a few years as well. I miss being able to chill at the beach on a whim, but I don’t miss tourist season nor the late summer humidity ha! Nice to meet you
@brassmonkey ... thx brassmonkey ... junkie ... that funky monkey .. :wink:

Jan 8, 2013
It seems like every time I have a long day at work I miss all the shenanigans and new members. I have to ask... do you really kick bears? 8O

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Don't lie, Anthony. We know what you were actually doing.
Embers told us about the cleaning fluid you thought was Captain Morgan. :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.