PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
I'm new to the hobby and to Pipes Magazine, and am enjoying both. I've also discovered the radio show, which is completely stupendous.

My first pipes are estates, donated by my older brother, and my first tobaccos are those that Dad smoked - Sir Walter Raleigh and Amphora Cavendish. I wish Dad's pipes were still around, but that wasn't to be.

I spent ten years in Pitt County NC, in a wonderful community called Pactolus, where I became well acquainted with the history and production of flue-cured Virginia tobacco, but wasn't smoking yet. Now that I've taken up the pipe, my memories of tobacco growing next to my house appear in a new light.

I'm glad to be here!

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Welcome to the forum! Many folks advocate starting off with tobaccos that your dad liked, so I think you are in a good place there. I wish you many hours of contentment and enjoyment.
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.54.35 PM.png

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I still get a kick out of seeing it when driving to Wilmington, but I never get to smell the curing anymore.
The farmer working the fields around my house invited me to be with him when he cures his crop. I think the new manufactured (gas) curing barns tamp down the aromas compared to the old wood barns.

Status
Not open for further replies.