PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
Welcome. I hope it's not inappropriate but how are things where you are at? I'd be happy to send you a tobacco package if you thought it would get through. Or later if you think that would be better. May the good Lord protect you and your countrymen.
Thank you for the kind words and a generous offer.

Doing fine. Better than could have been, really. Mildly optimistic I should say.

Unfortunately tobacco and alcohol are and have always been forbidden for postal import into the country.
I guess the government is strict about not allowing smugglers to milk the cash cow.

Which is a shame, since the only tobaccos currently available here are McBarren, Cornell & Diehl and 2 Petersons.

So I get to stick to Sherlock Holmes, cause C&D is a little bit too expensive for the current situation. (It is a good tobacco, so I shouldn’t really complain, but to tell the truth, I have always preferred Connoisseurs Choice and it’s gone)

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thank you for the kind words and a generous offer.

Doing fine. Better than could have been, really. Mildly optimistic I should say.

Unfortunately tobacco and alcohol are and have always been forbidden for postal import into the country.
I guess the government is strict about not allowing smugglers to milk the cash cow.

Which is a shame, since the only tobaccos currently available here are McBarren, Cornell & Diehl and 2 Petersons.

So I get to stick to Sherlock Holmes, cause C&D is a little bit too expensive for the current situation. (It is a good tobacco, so I shouldn’t really complain, but to tell the truth, I have always preferred Connoisseurs Choice and it’s gone)
@Dyakoff Hello from the UK, glad you're doing well.
It was living history re-enactment that started my interest in clay pipes after seeing re-enactors smoking them. I like the look of vintage old time clay pipes a lot; I only smoke clays myself.

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
It was living history re-enactment that started my interest in clay pipes after seeing re-enactors smoking them. I like the look of vintage old time clay pipes a lot; I only smoke clays myself.
Quite a number of pipe smokers here smoke or at least own 17th century clay pipes here. They are pretty cheap here given their age I should say. You can get one for 2-10 dollars. Although finding a more intact one would not be too easy. And i wouldn’t know where to start with connecting a stem to such a thing.

But maybe I should get one for the fun of owning one. I bought a dinosaur tooth for similar reasons after all.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Quite a number of pipe smokers here smoke or at least own 17th century clay pipes here. They are pretty cheap here given their age I should say. You can get one for 2-10 dollars. Although finding a more intact one would not be too easy. And i wouldn’t know where to start with connecting a stem to such a thing.

But maybe I should get one for the fun of owning one. I bought a dinosaur tooth for similar reasons after all.
You smoke out of a dinosaur tooth???

Welcome Dyakoff.

Reactions: UB 40

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Welcome from Switzerland by way of Greece and the UK. I hope you and yours are doing well. My old boss in the UK years ago is from Pripyat, and more recently I made friends in Odessa - as far as I know they doing well and still responding to me on discord.
I am planning to visit when all of this is over and you get rebuilding your country.