PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
Welcome from w. NY. Bought many pipes from Calich (rip) once made in your area.

Reactions: feydeyev

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
not sure what non-binary person is but probably no weirder then the things people consider normal (few things are, heck life is not normal most planets don't even bother with it) and gourmet home chef give me an image of a nursing home but everyone is wearing toques.
Oh hi and I am a goofball but don't blame me I'am not responsible for the general absurdity of life (for example if you don't go unconscious regularly and have these vivid hallucinations called dreams it is really bad for you. That's pretty absurd and trust me no one consulted me about that one).
LOL. Is that the long way of saying…. Welcome. ?

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from a Canadian in Kansas City!
Hello in Kansas City from me in Toronto and thanks for the welcome. Where is your Canadian home town ? I was born and raised in wintery Winnipeg but moved east to go to university 1,000 years ago. LOL

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I w
Hello in Kansas City from me in Toronto and thanks for the welcome. Where is your Canadian home town ? I was born and raised in wintery Winnipeg but moved east to go to university 1,000 years ago.
I was born in Montreal but my family moved to Calgary in the late 70’s and that’s where I went to school. I’ve been in KC for about 15 yrs now.

I hope you’re liking the forum so far.

Reactions: feydeyev

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
I w

I was born in Montreal but my family moved to Calgary in the late 70’s and that’s where I went to school. I’ve been in KC for about 15 yrs now.

I hope you’re liking the forum so far.
Yes, LotusEater, very much. The wonderful variety of people, the varied interests and the great warmth have really made joining up one great gift to myself.

Reactions: LotusEater

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
I have no idea what an avatar is nor how to fill in the F with it. No instructions provided. Sorry but this is too complicated for a 76 year old man who is a computer luddite. I'm leaving the group.

• Sad
Reactions: chopper

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I tried to help by replying to your earlier PM. You do not need to change the avatar nor put in location.
I hope you don't leave on account of the mechanics of the site....

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
I am a 76 year old non-binary person who has been smoking a pipe since I was 18. My father and grandfather each smoked pipes and I grew up with a wonderful aroma of pipe smoke in our home. I rotate my pipes daily and look forward to getting to my Gandalf pipe in the rotation. I am a retired journalist and editor having worked on newspapers across Canada and the US as well as in Europe. BTW I am also a gourmet home chef. Thank you for accepting my application.
Welcome, from Winnipeg .

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I have no idea what an avatar is nor how to fill in the F with it. No instructions provided. Sorry but this is too complicated for a 76 year old man who is a computer luddite. I'm leaving the group.
G'day and welcome from Oz.

I'm a 61yo who's relatively new to computers.
It took me some time to figure out how to upload an avatar pic [The pic is an avatar. 'Chopper' is my handle] which remained as a P for quite a while.

All new members get a prompt to fill in some details from @jpmcwjr so please don't take it as a personal criticism.
Hang around and get a feel for the place. We have members from all over the planet who are mostly friendly and rather helpful with sharing their experience.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.