PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwads

Lurker
Feb 10, 2020
Hello all,

I’m based in the UK. I’ve been into pipes for about 6 years now. Quite a collection of pipes and tobacco now.

I did have a question. I’m coming to Vegas in a couple of weeks. Never been to the USA so am very excited!! Can anyone recommend any Vegas pipe shops where I may be able to pick up some decent USA blends?

Many thanks

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't know that there are really any worth a darn left there...

Mr. Bills is a chain, but "tobacco leaf" looks promising.
I'd try either of those from first glance.. but maybe someone with experience can chime in!

the hard part is making sure it's a "real tobacco" shop, and not a weed pipe shop.

• Love
Reactions: diamondback

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Welcome from Arizona.

There are some nice cigar places but I do not know of any good pipe tobacco shops. I usually bring my own since I am so close.

jcwads

Lurker
Feb 10, 2020
Welcome from Arizona.

There are some nice cigar places but I do not know of any good pipe tobacco shops. I usually bring my own since I am so close.
Yes I definitely want to experience a Vegas cigar lounge. Any tips?

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Yes I definitely want to experience a Vegas cigar lounge. Any tips?
Vegas is Cigar/pipe friendly town but most of the Cigar lounges are no-more. MGM, Luxor Bellagio and Paris all have bars that are smoking, but not really Cigar Bars. There are Davidoff shops all over the place.

I think ordering some American tobaccos for your stay is an outstanding idea.

The kind of smoking featured in Vegas these days is of Jamaican origin.

If I may, go off strip for food for a night. Chinatown is amazing, close by and excellent. My favorite restaurant is Raku.

You'll have a ball. Nothing like Vegas.

Reactions: BROBS

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Cigars are no issue here. Plenty of options. Pipe tobacco? Not so much. About the only place that stocks anything is The Tobacco Leaf. They have, I think, 4 locations in town.

Reactions: BROBS and briarbuck

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Now that is some good advice! 4noggins here I come!
Yeah, I’d call the hotel in advance to say you’re having a package delivered during your stay. Have 4Noggins or Smoking Pipes ship C/O your name to the hotel. Try your best to have your order shipped to coincide with your stay. Shouldn’t be too hard. I’ve done it many times before during my travels.

Reactions: BROBS and briarbuck

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Cigars:

Every Davidoff "store" I have seen is more like a small newspaper stand in size.

On the strip, Caesars Palace has both a Montecristo and a Fuente cigar lounge/bar. The Montecristo Cigar Bar seems to be a little more price friendly but Casa Fuente has an excellent selection of high end stuff. (It's only a few minutes walk between the two and you never leave the building.)

Off strip, The Cigarbox and The Cigar Warehouse have nice selections and lounge areas. The Tobacco Leaf has a small lounge area and also carries some pipe tobaccos.

On Las Vegas Blvd South, and my personal favorite, is Double Helix. A small selection of good cigars but a good selection of whisky/whiskey flights and even better selection of individual glasses. Also their cheese and charcuterie boards are excellent and overall they are noticeably less expensive than the on strip places.

There's more places but I've found most of them to be lacking in either selection or quality and many of the "whisky" lounges on the strip don't have that good of a selection and are extremely over price, IMHO.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.