PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. My island dwelling experience was on Midway Island, mid-Pacific, as far from Honolulu as New York City is from Omaha, but still part of the island chain.

Reactions: Verdant

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Hello to both of you from another Whatcom resident, Bellingham here. I've seen more and more of us PNW types around the forums recently, must be something in the air.
Ha! WA has the 6th lowest smoking rate in the nation, which would suggest those of us that do pipe smoke (myself included) are on the fringes of society here, which might have a chilling effect on our participation in these communities. Glad to meet other PNWers.

Reactions: MarcosEZLN

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
G'day and welcome from Oz.

What deleterious effects? Don't you tell me that you've been listening to those miserable, shrieking, rabid, anti-smoking wankers?

A U.S. Surgeon Generals report found that a pipe smoker who inhales has the same life expectancy as a non-smoker.
Pipe smokers who don't inhale live 3 years longer than a non-smoker.
My health improved markedly when I ditched a 30-40 a day cigarette addiction for a pipe over 11 years ago.

Cigarettes have 300+ added chemicals which are the main cause of smoking related illness.
Pipe tobacco has none [some blends might have a little harmless propylene glycol as a humectant]

So why wait? You get stuck in and enjoy with a clear conscience [and tell those nasty anti-smokers to f^ck off]. puffy
Chopper, it's predominantly because of other life aspirations I have. I have been a sponsored athlete in the past and, although I'm not currently competing, I have life goals that are impeded by my own personality when I take up smoking more regularly. But rest assured, this fall I will be going through a few tins. You're preaching to the choir --- I do not try to eliminate risk entirely but to keep it at a level I find tolerable in view of my other aspirations. Currently need more self-discipline to reach those other aspirations.

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.