PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard boomer', from central North Carolina. I spent some of the happiest days of my youth on a newspaper internship in Neosho Missouri covering Newton and MacDonald Counties using the Neosho Daily News' new Dodge circulation pickup truck, stick on the floor, to cover stories before getting the truck back to the newspaper office in time for the circulation runs. I'd grown up in the Chicago area, so it was exciting to write and photograph small town and farm stories. I lived in a 1930's tourist cabin within walking distance of the newspaper office and printing plant in an remodeled chicken hatchery. I covered a murder on my 21st birthday, complete with a salty old sheriff and and FBI team who took fingerprints off remains that had spoiled and been picked by vultures. A Korean War vet had run afoul of two robbers. I met a lot of kind folks including an elder woman who had played the piano for silent movies and considered herself a witch. I made $75 a week, and saved money, and ate great food that cost like three bucks a meal. I was warned the first day not to say anything bad about Jesse James or Ma Barker, who had kin in the area.

Oct 10, 2021
Welcome aboard boomer', from central North Carolina. I spent some of the happiest days of my youth on a newspaper internship in Neosho Missouri covering Newton and MacDonald Counties using the Neosho Daily News' new Dodge circulation pickup truck, stick on the floor, to cover stories before getting the truck back to the newspaper office in time for the circulation runs. I'd grown up in the Chicago area, so it was exciting to write and photograph small town and farm stories. I lived in a 1930's tourist cabin within walking distance of the newspaper office and printing plant in an remodeled chicken hatchery. I covered a murder on my 21st birthday, complete with a salty old sheriff and and FBI team who took fingerprints off remains that had spoiled and been picked by vultures. A Korean War vet had run afoul of two robbers. I met a lot of kind folks including an elder woman who had played the piano for silent movies and considered herself a witch. I made $75 a week, and saved money, and ate great food that cost like three bucks a meal. I was warned the first day not to say anything bad about Jesse James or Ma Barker, who had kin in the area.
Haha awesome! Here in Springfield Doc Holliday is king and James Tutt has family. We have some overlap as my first career was journalism. I was a radio dj and reporter for about 8 years before I went into law enforcement. I’m a detective now and enjoy the beauty of this area.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Welcome from Palm Springs, California, but originally from Missouri. My dad lives in Baxter, MO on Table Rock Lake and is a good ole boy for sure, Ozark style. You wouldn't happen to be smoking any Pipe by Lee Pipes by chance? I'll trade you a Yokum Silver Dollar for one.

Oct 10, 2021
Welcome from Palm Springs, California, but originally from Missouri. My dad lives in Baxter, MO on Table Rock Lake and is a good ole boy for sure, Ozark style. You wouldn't happen to be smoking any Pipe by Lee Pipes by chance? I'll trade you a Yokum Silver Dollar for one.
Unfortunately I’m not but have been trying to source one.

Reactions: telescopes

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Greetings from Polk County, five miles West of Humansville Missouri.

It’s about time we got us more people on here that talks like a normal person, if you know what I mean?

That’s a right real pretty pipe you made yourself there, anyhow.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

Don't forget to share pics of your efforts in the pipe makers thread.
There's more than a few who are rather helpful sharing their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.