PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD15

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2020
Louisville, KY
Started lurking a month ago. I’m really enjoying the forum. Grew up with my dad smoking a pipe, and been in love with them ever since. Started smoking them about 10 years ago, but due to some faulty techniques, I gave up after a year.

Now I’m back and loving them, partly due to finding the forum. I’ve learned a ton in a short period of time.

I also, unfortunately, came to realize that the whole future of tobacco is up in the air. I’ve been scrambling ever since to start my cellar! I’m jumping on as many sales on the forum, and on the retailer websites, as I can.

One member told me this isn’t a forum. It’s a brotherhood. Looking forward to being a part of it!

Chris

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
CD15, welcome aboard. I've had a difficult history with Louisville. My wife and I always watch the Derby and she makes a good mint julep for the purpose. On the other hand, my late wife actually attended the race with an irresponsible driver, she a college student, and was unforgivably mistreated by law enforcement there, hence I could never spend any money in Louisville or go to or through the city. People don't forget. But you are most welcome -- wonderful info and expertise here. Enjoy!

Reactions: CD15 and maulragoth

CD15

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2020
Louisville, KY
Whoa MSO. That certainly sounds like a bad experience. I’ve actually only been to the Derby once. And I think it’s extremely overrated. The Oaks, or the new Thurby, are much better options. Hopefully if you ever find yourself back in the Ville, you’ll have a better experience.

Reactions: maulragoth

CD15

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2020
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Gervais, so far I’m liking 1-Q, Cult Blood Red Moon, Old Toby, Bulls Eye Flake, and just had my first taste of Margate. Trying to strike a nice balance between aromatic and nons.

How bout yourself?

Reactions: maulragoth

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Welcome CD15! I like the Lane 1-Q still, but I do not go to it much, I keep it on hand. Especially for sharing with a new smoker, they usually like it quite a bit too. I really like all the Luxury Flakes from Stokkebye too - amongst a variety of many blends across the tobacco board now. I think I am going to go fire up some 5-brothers next.

Wish you well and glad you are here (from one lurker to another =) )

Reactions: CD15

CD15

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2020
Louisville, KY
Welcome CD15! I like the Lane 1-Q still, but I do not go to it much, I keep it on hand. Especially for sharing with a new smoker, they usually like it quite a bit too. I really like all the Luxury Flakes from Stokkebye too - amongst a variety of many blends across the tobacco board now. I think I am going to go fire up some 5-brothers next.

Wish you well and glad you are here (from one lurker to another =) )

Bought some 5-brothers just the other day, but haven’t tried it yet. At this point, I have so much tobacco that my gf thinks I’ve gone insane. Looking forward to trying it all lol.

Wishing you well also!

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Welcome from Sao Paulo, Brasil. I spent a bit of time working across the Ohio river in Jeffersonville a few years ago.

Reactions: CD15

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
I met some nice people from the Derby City Pipe Club at the St. Louis Pipe show. They seemed like they'd be a nice group to hang out with. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.