PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know what part of Birmingham my writer friend is from. She came and read poems and sang some of her songs at a women's college where my late wife taught, and some of it was pretty racy, and the students asked especially about those, and she was very candid. Later my wife encountered the president of the college and dreaded what he might say, and he said, "Now that's a real poet!"

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. One of my mentors in college was a native of Haleyville, Alabama, in Winston County I believe it was. Superb writer, died way too young. Also have a friend in N.C., a woman writer, who grew up in Birmingham, who also was a singer songwriter in country music, in addition to being trained in classic Greek and Latin -- what a gal.
You have been to some interesting places and have met intriguing people, this lady sure sounds swell, you neglected mentioning her love of pipe smoking.

Reactions: bowtieandbriar

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
While I serve in Alabama, I am essentially a life-long resident of East Tennessee and something like a 13th generation East Tennessean. I went to Tennessee and ETSU, grew up in Loudon County, and 90% of my extended family lives in either Knox or Polk/McMinn Counties (Delano/Etowah area)!
Our oldest son and his family now live in Johnson City. He was one of the executive chef at ETSU before taking the executive chef job at Tusculum University.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome from the waterfront of Brooklyn, NY. You'll find you are in very good and extremely knowledgeable "tobacco guy" company here. But don't be surprised if you're tempted to significantly increase your accumulation of shiny tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.