PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Thank you for having me! Looking to get back into smoking a pipe after decades away from it. I am a large man and would like a recommendation on a large pipe that will be easy to hold and won’t look like a toy. I’m 6’ 6” and 300 plus pounds. I’ve had my eye on the savanelli Hercules line.
Welcome from Seattle!

I would second what Chris Streeper suggested...Boswell. Also, you might check-out Peterson's House pipe line. Not huge, but good-sized.

Reactions: hornedfrog76

hornedfrog76

Lurker
Oct 6, 2021
Aledo, Texas
Thank you for having me! Looking to get back into smoking a pipe after decades away from it. I am a large man and would like a recommendation on a large pipe that will be easy to hold and won’t look like a toy. I’m 6’ 6” and 300 plus pounds. I’ve had my eye on the savanelli Hercules line.
I ended up finding a nice big bent pipe from Blatter of Montreal. I am so excited to rejoin the hobby. Thank you all for all of the great advice. As I said earlier, this is the most friendly and welcoming forum that I’ve visited in a long while.

Reactions: Zack Miller

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Welcome from Spain!
I'm also a big guy but I don't think that pipes should match your size. When I started I also had that idea a bit, I thought big pipes would look better on me.
Instead I like small pipes a lot, they are easy to clench, bring around, they are super light, they can be smoked in a short time.
This one is around 3.9 inches long, I don't think it looks like a toy (at least to me):
IMG_4453[441].jpg

Last edited:

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

I'm not a little bloke - 6'2 1/2" 90kg - I've got a range of bowl shapes and sizes including small pipes like my little Dr Plumb Dinky [love that pipe]

Could not give a flying pigs arse what others think. [I'm the type who will take my MM cob to a formal function when wearing a suit puffy ] Smoking a pipe is for my enjoyment first and foremost.

Little bowls are good for a quick smoke or for stronger blends.
Larger bowls are good for 'all day' blends.

Get yourself a few MM cobs with a hardwood insert in the base to get yourself started.
A Country Gentleman for example, is not a little pipe.
Or, you could really make a statement and get yourself one of these if you'd like to go BIG;
z-pipe general macarthur.png

Status
Not open for further replies.