PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2022
Newquay, Cornwall, UK
Hi all,
Just recently got in to pipe smoking after a friend showed interest and we both got pipes.
That was about 2 months ago.
Since then I've been through several blends to find a general type that I'm happy in and have settled on English and Balkan flakes for the time being . Currently smoking Peterson Flake and Solani 763 Black & White.
I'm curious about aromatics, but haven't found something that I particularly enjoy yet.
Using a Stanwell 83 Amber pipe, a peterson standard 303 and a little cob.
Being a fan of smokey peaty whiskies, this is all falling well in to my wheelhouse!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
English and Balkan flakes sound like a good start. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I've been to London and Canterbury and surrounds, which I greatly enjoyed. Driving on the left was a challenge. I've always said, when the roads reach a certain narrowness, they build a stone wall on both sides! Shifting with my left hand also posed a challenge.

Jan 21, 2022
Newquay, Cornwall, UK
English and Balkan flakes sound like a good start. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I've been to London and Canterbury and surrounds, which I greatly enjoyed. Driving on the left was a challenge. I've always said, when the roads reach a certain narrowness, they build a stone wall on both sides! Shifting with my left hand also posed a challenge.
Thankyou. Love the Carolinas. Spent a month in and around the area a few years ago.
Yes driving down here is particularly tricky. The roads are all surrounded by stone and not much wider than a car.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
Welcome from Indiana!

Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation had a limited run this year of something called Peaty Kentucky. I passed up the chance to buy it, but I was able to smell the blend. Sounds like it might be just your thing. Perhaps they'll do it again in the future.

Glad you're enjoying the hobby. This is a great community. I've learned a lot here in the short time I've been smoking. Invite your friend if they're not already a member!

Status
Not open for further replies.