PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
Tinder Box in LA: a few months before it closed, I made a pilgrimage to the store. It was sad, as the pipes and tobaccos were sparse. The atmosphere was gloomy.
Not so at Kramer's where service and supplies were good until they shut the door.
Sadly, the last year or two at tinderbox were definitely not the same. No surprise though.

James T

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Laguna Woods, S.CA
Hello all from sunny southern California, home of the original Tinder Box (now gone) and Kramer's Tobacco Shop to the Stars in Beverly Hills (now also gone).

I have been a pipe enthusiast for more than 20 years and learned from my father. His blend was Balkan Sobranie 759. I remember the smell of a fresh tin from when I was a kid and he would open one in our house.

Hope to contribute to the discussions here. Thanks for any welcome.
Hey Terry,
My first week on the Forum. I'm down in Laguna Woods. Curious, are you aware of any clubs down in my part of the country? I quit smoking my pipe, like, 30 years ago but have always missed it. Now living in CA seems like there's nowhere to smoke. Can't do it at home--wife is a non smoker. There is pipe/cigar shop nearby that has a smoking lounge, but I understand it's $40/mo to join the club ... WAAAY out of my budget. Any help you can give?
Thanks. Looking forward to visiting the Forum even if I remain smokeless :(.

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Hey Terry,
My first week on the Forum. I'm down in Laguna Woods. Curious, are you aware of any clubs down in my part of the country? I quit smoking my pipe, like, 30 years ago but have always missed it. Now living in CA seems like there's nowhere to smoke. Can't do it at home--wife is a non smoker. There is pipe/cigar shop nearby that has a smoking lounge, but I understand it's $40/mo to join the club ... WAAAY out of my budget. Any help you can give?
Thanks. Looking forward to visiting the Forum even if I remain smokeless :(.
The cigar clubs are too pricy for me. Most people I know smoke out on an apartment balcony or in a back yard if you have one. Cheers.

James T

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Laguna Woods, S.CA
The cigar clubs are too pricy for me. Most people I know smoke out on an apartment balcony or in a back yard if you have one. Cheers.
Thanks for getting back to me. Living where I do it's mostly a non-smoking village. I've never seen anyone smoke anything! And, as I mentioned my wife is anti-smoke. I'll keep looking, maybe something will come about. I'm hoping a group meets in an "ok" place, maybe a church basement or something like that--though a church basement might be a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.