PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Hey, everybody! New to posting, been lurking for a while. I came back to pipe smoking after a 12 year hiatus from all forms of tobacco. Well, I first made the mistake of picking up a pack of cigs while going through a difficult divorce and fell right back into the pack a day habit. About a year later I had a heart attack and desperately wanted to drop the nails but found it more difficult than ever. A friend gave me a good pipe and turned me on to English and Balkan blends on the suggestion that they would cure my cravings for camels and they did! Durbar, Presbyterian, and WhiteKnight have filled all my needs for that Turkish taste, especially with my morning coffee. I don't inhale and tend to keep my bowls on the small side so I don't worry too much about damaging the ticker (I'm only 38, the cause of my heart attack was genetic high cholesterol and hypertension/stress). I'm a Cicerone Certified Beer Server, which is kind of like a sommelier for craft brews, so I really enjoy getting down to the nitty gritty with tasting notes and flavor profiles. There are so many flavors and variables in pipe blends to be appreciated!
Thanks to everyone responsible for keeping this site going and to all the folks who contribute their knowledge to the forums! What a great community this is!

Rush

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Hey, everybody! New to posting, been lurking for a while. I came back to pipe smoking after a 12 year hiatus from all forms of tobacco. Well, I first made the mistake of picking up a pack of cigs while going through a difficult divorce and fell right back into the pack a day habit. About a year later I had a heart attack and desperately wanted to drop the nails but found it more difficult than ever. A friend gave me a good pipe and turned me on to English and Balkan blends on the suggestion that they would cure my cravings for camels and they did! Durbar, Presbyterian, and WhiteKnight have filled all my needs for that Turkish taste, especially with my morning coffee. I don't inhale and tend to keep my bowls on the small side so I don't worry too much about damaging the ticker (I'm only 38, the cause of my heart attack was genetic high cholesterol and hypertension/stress). I'm a Cicerone Certified Beer Server, which is kind of like a sommelier for craft brews, so I really enjoy getting down to the nitty gritty with tasting notes and flavor profiles. There are so many flavors and variables in pipe blends to be appreciated!
Thanks to everyone responsible for keeping this site going and to all the folks who contribute their knowledge to the forums! What a great community this is!

Rush

Welcome! I have brewed my share of beer (home brewer). I also live in Sonoma County, home of Pliny the Younger and 25+ small scale breweries. Oh yeah, we have wine too.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont

Rush

Howdy, Rush & welcome! Just down the road & over the line from you, in Spartanburg. Glad to have you with us!

Bill

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
Welcome from the Raleigh area. You’re half the state away, but if you’re ever in the Raleigh area on the 2nd Sunday of the month, the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers meets in the afternoon. (Notice posted in the Pipe Clubs section.)

Status
Not open for further replies.