PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
I've admired the craftsmanship and history or pipes for quite some time. I enjoy erinmore. I just aquired quite a rare pipe: pre-trans guinea grain barling, but it has the TVF stamp on it. I'll figure out how to upload a photo. On another note, I tried nightcap (several times) and I just doesn't sit well; is this sacrilege?

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I’m also from the Bay Area. South Bay AKA Silicon Valley. What area are you living in? If ya like fishing we can talk about that also.
I use Flickr as a photo site to post on the forums. Also, taste is subjective and also evolves. So save the nightcap and try other blends. Revisit it later on.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Welcome from Detroit! Enjoy what you like. Nightcap used to be my daily blend. But, with today's choices in tobacco, I've discovered several others that I smoke regularly. Still have some NC. But, I rarely smoke it.
Enjoy!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Used to live in Piedmont..... (East Bay of SF for auslanders.)
Here's something on photos, and sablebrush is the "Bard of Barlings."
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay; Amazon Pinterest; Facebook; an online Pipe retailer; you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos under "Latest Discussions" in different formats:

LINK to that thread

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Have many fond memories of the City by the Bay. First visited on Armed Forces Day as part of a minesweeper crew after months of long patrols off the DMZ in Vietnam. Boy, did San Francisco look great. Later visited on leave in civilian clothes, again later with my late wife staying with a friend of hers, and later on business when the cable car guy saw me with a briefcase in a suit and figured I was a local guy and held the cable car for me. It's a great walking city, unlike many. I don't know how anyone affords to live there any more, but they seem to do so. Welcome from central N.C.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Welcome! I've just been driving through San Jose and Sacramento on a load back to Lincoln, NE out of Watsonville. I love that part of the country, but I'm glad to be back in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.