PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2021
Highlands, Scotland
Hello from the Scottish Highlands!
It's great to be here and I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and making good use of all the knowledge you hold! But before that, here's a little about me.

Like I mentioned in my bio. I'm 31 and thanks to my Grandfather being the biggest advocate of pipe smoking I've ever know, I've always known I would pick it up eventually. I just never felt like I was old enough, or mature enough. It's a thing of beauty and I couldn't quite appreciate the finer things in life till now.
I've smoked a few bowls in my time though and over the years I have come to love a good cigar and fine Whisky. I've also been a cigarette smoker (roll your own) for nearly 20 years and to be honest. I've gradually fallen out of love with them and I'm ready to move on to green pastures.

The current equipment I have at my disposal is nothing special I'm afraid to say. I have two cheap pipes. 1st pipe I got is a black bodied, unbranded Chinese cheap and cheerful-ish bent apple. And the 2nd pipe I got is also unbranded (as far as I can tell) red and black cherry wood Diplomat. (Looking forward to getting myself a nice Briar bowl soon though!)

Believe me when I say, no bank was broken when I bought them.. But hey! I figured, why spend a lot when I was only trying it out. I've had these for several years now.

My priced possession though is my pipe tool. It's old and although it probably cost absolutely nothing. It belonged to my Great Uncle and I got it when I was around 10years old before he died and it is only one of two items of his that I have.

As for tobacco, I've tried Old Dublin, an English blend and Condor OTC and also St. Bruno OTC.

Anyways, rant over!

Take care, keep it lit and I'll catch you all later

Graham.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
My mother was from across the waves in Fermanagh in Northern Ireland. My grandfathers house was redolent of Condor slice. That makes me partial to Bushmills as well.
I was going to say that you always seemed like a native even from your response stye(if it makes any sense) -I always considered asking if you yourself were an expat living in the States

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from North Carolina, U.S. I loved Edinburgh when I visited in the eighties. Smelling the whiskey distilleries, my wife asked a fellow passing by what the smell was. And he said, "It's me, my dear." I'm one of the low-price pipe proponents on Forums, though I have a few up-market treasures.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I was going to say that you always seemed like a native even from your response stye(if it makes any sense) -I always considered asking if you yourself were an expat living in the States
My mother was a war bride(she a WAAF and dad a GI) They bought a house in Enniskillen to retire to but my Dad never got much of a chance to live there before he passed. So I have strong connections to Ulster.

Status
Not open for further replies.