PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

Are you, so to speak, a double piper?

Just watched a TV piece on Sir Alex Ferguson, as well as "The English Game", a Netflix series on the beginnings of professional football in the UK. Seems the good teams were loaded with Scots! Spurs fan, here.

Reactions: Fiddlepiper

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Welcome from MN. Spent some time in Scotland last year. Still Game is one of my favorite shows on Netflix. Watching season 8 right now. I recommend something better than Drum tobacco though lol.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

Are you, so to speak, a double piper?

Just watched a TV piece on Sir Alex Ferguson, as well as "The English Game", a Netflix series on the beginnings of professional football in the UK. Seems the good teams were loaded with Scots! Spurs fan, here.
I’m a fiddle player rather than a piper. They were indeed loaded with Scots, not so much anymore. Interesting time Spurs are having since Pochettino left. Manchester United fan here....

Reactions: jpmcwjr

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Weclome

Coincidentally I was just reading in the Dundee Courier this morning about the auction a few years back to sell off the stuff from the old Charles Rattray shop in Perth

(I'm a Fifer currently marooned on a tropical island)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I’m a fiddle player rather than a piper. They were indeed loaded with Scots, not so much anymore. Interesting time Spurs are having since Pochettino left. Manchester United fan here....

Ah, were you old enough to enjoy the gravy years of United? Must have been heady.

And the Spurs' times are a bit too interesting. Who knows what would've happened had Kane and Son been healthy. But then again, really great teams have backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.