PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordon28

Lurker
Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone I am 28 years old from glasgow Glasgow, Scotland and have just recently started pipe smoking ( 2 weeks now). My first and only pipe is a mm corn cob legend bent and so far have smoke 3 auld kendal blends, carribean coconut, coffee caramel and a light virginia blend and have been enjoying them all so far, carribean coconut is my favourite so far and also works quite well mixed with some coffee caramel as it can be quite light on its own but with some of the coffee caramels dark cavanish mixed in it adds some body to the smoke, I am still very new and learning more by the day but its a steep learning curve getting the pack just right and then trying to keep it lit without puffing like a steam train and ending up with a hot burn, I am getting there slowly but surely though and have enjoyed every bowl regardless of re lights, my next step is to get myself a first briar and more blends of tobacco to test out, I hope your all enjoying your pipes across the globe

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Hi there, I'm not too far from you (in the grand scheme of things!), I'm just outside of Aberdeen. People often start with Aromatics, but they aren't always the easiest to keep lit due to their toppings. It does just come down to practice at the end of the day, welcome to a hobby that's addictive in more ways that one :)

gordon28

Lurker
Nov 22, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I have allready found it to be quite addictive not just in wanting to smoke more but also the hours I spend looking at all the different pipes and blends out there, recently I've found myself looking and reading about pipes while smoking mine, I'm pipes in the head right now

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Hello, and welcome.
Pipes in the head now....wait till you get PAD and TAD issues! Lol

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Don't worry. I've only been smoking a pipe for 5-6 months now, I'd say that within a few weeks the pad and tad will hit hit you, at least it did for me. Up to 11 pipes and about 20 blends at the moment.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
@gordon28
Pipe Acquisition Disorder

Tobacco Acquisition Disorder

gordon28

Lurker
Nov 22, 2018
Haha that's allready there tbh I have been scouring the Internet at lots of pipes and blends recently, it'll only be a matter of time before my other half starts to wonder why there's a parcel or 2 every week

Nov 21, 2016
Greetings and aloha from the middle of the pacific.

Sounds like your ready for a good Briar or two... might also find a few light English blends would expose you to the subtle taste of non-aros.

Take your time and watch your pace as you smoke...

Helps to keep the bite to a minimum.

gordon28

Lurker
Nov 22, 2018
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome it's nice to see how many of you take the time to say hi to newbies like myself, I will be reading through some of the threads on here over a few bowls this evening

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
Welcome to the forum! I'm a Belgian but currently living in Edinburgh, where there is quite a nice pipe store with a lot of tobaccos and pipes. They are also very knowledgeable so it might be worth hopping on the train to give it a visit. I do have to say it is quite small so you wont be able to spend all day in there.

There are also at least 2 pipe clubs in Scotland that I know of. Great joy is awaiting you in this hobby (and your wallet will become a lot lighter)

gordon28

Lurker
Nov 22, 2018
That's great to hear I think I know what shop your talking about and definitely intend on paying it a visit for a blend or 2 and perhaps a new pipe, do you know the name of the clubs?

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Welcome to the site, this place is a wealth of knowledge on everything pipe related. It's also a good place for laughs as we never seem to have a serious thread going without one of us making a joke. I started when I was 28 as well, back in March or April of this year. It's a fun hobby and yes you do become obsessed with acquiring pipes and blends. I'm trying to control my PADs but my need for different tobaccos is never ending I'm afraid. Quick tip, if you find a blend that you love I'd start stocking up on it now because I've noticed blends tend to come and go rather quickly.
On a side note, my family (both sides) originate from Scotland. My father's is from southern Scotland originally, still trying to pin down an exact location. My mother's side came from both Scotland and Ireland, my grandfather use to joke that he wanted a kilt of his families tartan. (hopefully I spelled that right).
Anyways, again welcome and fell free to ask any questions you may have. This site has some very knowledgeable members.

glaswegian

Lurker
Jul 4, 2018
Happy Welcome from Germany!
I´m also from scotland but living in Germany.

If you need something from Germany just ask me. I´m heading up north 3-4times a year to visit the

Family. And there´s always some space for some tins in our van ;-)

Tobacco costs a fortune at home.

Where are you from?
Glaswegian

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the forums! My only tie to Scotland is their fantastic whisky's, which I enjoy often. Everything from Islay to Speyside to the lowlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.