PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Welcome from Central California.

I spend time in New Braunfels every so often to visit family. Spent some time at The Republic and been to Pipe World in Austin.

Any others worth visiting in the area?

Dr. Internet

Might Stick Around
Welcome from Central California.

I spend time in New Braunfels every so often to visit family. Spent some time at The Republic and been to Pipe World in Austin.

Any others worth visiting in the area?
Back in the day, Col. Ralph Rumbo was a real pipe aficionado and opened a store called the Humidor. He must have had an inventory of a thousand pipes. He died a while ago and his son took over and turned it into more of a cigar store. I guess it worked 'cause they have five or six stores around the city. I don't go there anymore becasue their pipe tobacco is very overpriced compared to online prices. I don't know of any more places in SA.

Reactions: dontbeaburleyman

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Thanks, man. I spent time in San Diego and SF on Treasure Island when I was in the Navy. Too bad what happened to San Francisco...

Were you on Coronado in SD? Such a cool place!

Yeah, I was up in SF about 6 weeks ago. It was gross. So different than what I remember from just a few years ago. I caught a baseball game there. Even with the changes though, the Giants have an impressive ballpark. But PetCo Park in SD is my favorite. The way they built the stadium around the old Western Metal Supply warehouse! Great place to see a game.

Heritage-Western-Metal-Supply-Co-Building-Hero-740x555.jpg