PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I lived in Shelter Harbor for the second year that I was stationed at the Sub Base. It was the last neighborhood in Westerly heading east. We could see Block Island. There was a salt water pond at the end of the street where I would dig Quohogs. South County is beautiful.
Were you able to eat some Block Island Swordfish while you were there. It is considered the best swordfish anywhere. I was lucky to be able to buy it any time I wanted.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central N.C. You must speak fluent Russian. Linguistic skills are a great luxury -- I can say, having none. I'm supposed to be a sixth generation ancestor of Roger Williams, not the piano player, but the 17th Century founder of Rhode Island, an ardent Protestant reformer and sort of free thinker. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Dies_Irae

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
Hey from central N.C. You must speak fluent Russian. Linguistic skills are a great luxury -- I can say, having none. I'm supposed to be a sixth generation ancestor of Roger Williams, not the piano player, but the 17th Century founder of Rhode Island, an ardent Protestant reformer and sort of free thinker. Welcome aboard.
Haha maybe it wasn’t clear. I am an American, I am from Rhode Island. The only connection to Russia is that I went to school in Moscow and wish to return. I am only A1 level at Russian but hopefully that progresses as I take classes four times a week. You have some old English blood then! I am not related to Williams, at least not that I know of, but I am related to Nathaniel Greene, second in command of the Continental Army, and by extension John Coggeshall, a co founder with Williams and the first President of the Colony of Rhode Island.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
On route 2 in Cranston there is a restaurant called Spain. It is not cheap and prices have gone up a lot since I left the state, but the food is awesome. They have a dish called Paella Valenciana. It is 50.00 but I think it serves 3-4 easily, the fucker is huge. If they have it in stock they make Block Island Swordfish better than anyone.

This Chinese restaurant King's Garden | Cranston, RI 02910 | Menu - https://www.kingsgardencranston.com/menu.aspx

Has the best in the state. It is Hong Kong style and is as good as anywhere in Boston's China Town. Prices are really not bad compared to most places. my kids grew up eating squid in that place. The squid in Black Bean sauce is killer. My kids called it chewy fish.

You need to get on the Hill, that is Federal Hill annd is the Italian section of Providence. Angelo's is the real deal.

Italian Eatery | Angelo's Restaurant | Providence, RI - https://www.angelosri.com/
Some of the best Italian food anywhere.
It is very reasonable price wise. It is a family styled place where you eat at tables with strangers. The food is worth dining like that trust me. I am sure with Covid they probably have to do take out.

When I think of more places I will put them on this thread. Damn I miss the food in R.I. Are you a sushi guy? If so I can recommend a great all you can eat joint

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
On route 2 in Cranston there is a restaurant called Spain. It is not cheap and prices have gone up a lot since I left the state, but the food is awesome. They have a dish called Paella Valenciana. It is 50.00 but I think it serves 3-4 easily, the fucker is huge. If they have it in stock they make Block Island Swordfish better than anyone.

This Chinese restaurant King's Garden | Cranston, RI 02910 | Menu - https://www.kingsgardencranston.com/menu.aspx

Has the best in the state. It is Hong Kong style and is as good as anywhere in Boston's China Town. Prices are really not bad compared to most places. my kids grew up eating squid in that place. The squid in Black Bean sauce is killer. My kids called it chewy fish.

You need to get on the Hill, that is Federal Hill annd is the Italian section of Providence. Angelo's is the real deal.

Italian Eatery | Angelo's Restaurant | Providence, RI - https://www.angelosri.com/
Some of the best Italian food anywhere.
It is very reasonable price wise. It is a family styled place where you eat at tables with strangers. The food is worth dining like that trust me. I am sure with Covid they probably have to do take out.

When I think of more places I will put them on this thread. Damn I miss the food in R.I. Are you a sushi guy? If so I can recommend a great all you can eat joint

All great spots...you're making me hungry.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A big welcome from the left coast!

Please
put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.